City Vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for very little. Just everything that Maureenyo touches blows up in his face, and CFC have ninety minutes of non-stop error piled upon blooper! And then I would like the second half to be a series of the most bizarre goal freaks to befall the away side. A sending off or two from the CFC back line, and a fistful of penalties would be nice for the home side. And a free pie.

Just hoping for a win a replay would not be good but it would give time for our injured warriors to return.

Before last night I really wasn't fussed with this game, mainly because I thought along with the Sunerland game it was too many games before a historic tie against Barcelona.

I know many on here are more interested in this game over the Barcelona tie, but in regards to the club the Barca tie is the one if we win it that will bring the club much needed cash to go towards FFP, and if we want to be thought of as a key player in Europe we now have to constantly look after our image and reputation, a battering would be a disaster and focusing on the FA Cup over the CL would be small time in my opinion.

However, now that we are going into this game with 6 days rest I think we can play a strong team in each game and try and go for both.

sam-caddick said:
Before last night I really wasn't fussed with this game, mainly because I thought along with the Sunerland game it was too many games before a historic tie against Barcelona.

I know many on here are more interested in this game over the Barcelona tie, but in regards to the club the Barca tie is the one if we win it that will bring the club much needed cash to go towards FFP, and if we want to be thought of as a key player in Europe we now have to constantly look after our image and reputation, a battering would be a disaster and focusing on the FA Cup over the CL would be small time in my opinion.

However, now that we are going into this game with 6 days rest I think we can play a strong team in each game and try and go for both.

And today Sam C will be mostly positive.. ;)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I hope for very little. Just everything that Maureenyo touches blows up in his face, and CFC have ninety minutes of non-stop error piled upon blooper! And then I would like the second half to be a series of the most bizarre goal freaks to befall the away side. A sending off or two from the CFC back line, and a fistful of penalties would be nice for the home side. And a free pie.
AND a FREE pie - that's pushing it a bit!

should we hope this game is also called off to saves our lads for Barca?

Has someone made the obligatory 'we cannot afford to lose this one at any cost' comment yet?

Storms forecast for Saturday with torrential rain maybe another p.p hmmm.

-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 pm --

Storms forecast for Saturday with torrential rain maybe another p.p hmmm.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm --<br /><br />Storms forecast for Saturday with torrential rain maybe another p.p hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.