City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca really were something back then, they seemed practically invincible during that season.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
lust overlord said:
bluemurray said:
On Monday night Manchester City will smash Chelsea. Once we have scored one we will put 5 past them; that's what we've done to every side bar 2 (Hull and Palace to their credit). And we will score one. That first goal acts like the catalyst for wave after wave of City attacks. There is not a team in this country who can live with us when we are like that and on Monday I am very confident we will be like that. I also happen to believe that - so long as the players believe they can - we will do Barca at home much the same.

I am coming to the view that all the chatter about it being a tight league this year will prove wholly unfounded. If I am wrong on that I am wrong, it's no big deal, nobody will have died. But I think we are starting now to gather a momentum which will leave everybody else trailing in out wake before too much longer has passed.... We has reached that lovely and rare tipping point where teams are beaten before they turn up, and while this was true at home from early on, it's now starting to be true away also. Once that starts to be the case, there will be no stopping us. That's not arrogance btw, it's a fact, and all we have to do is sit back, ignore the bleating of the fans of other clubs (you spent all that money blah blah... and their managers (and is it just me that really hates all the 'special one' shit??) and enjoy the ride.

5-0 City.

Hope you are right ,but a 5-0 isn't realistic.
Can see this being a very tight game and a one goal winning margin.

Not saying it will be 5 but why do you think it will be that close. Recent history in this fixture shows we fare very good.
They've improved a bit but are dull as ditch water. We have improved a lot and are exciting as it gets.

I agree fully with the last paragraph.
Mourinho for all his faults,is still very tactically astute.Chelsea,under Mourinho have rarely been thrashed(if ever), and are set up to stay in a game by not overcommiting,even when a goal down.We also have key players out.
I will be extremely surprised and pleased if we beat them by more than two goals.My prediction would be 1-0 or 2-1.

We are at our most devastating when we go 1-0 up early on. Chelsea will set their stalls out for that not to happen and their and Mourinho's European experience could come in useful. Even if we do, that doesn't mean they will fold.

While I'm absolutely confident of a win, I expect the margin to be tight.

Enjoyable as it is, we can't expect to blitz everyone every week for ever more.

On the subject of Mourinho, he receives too much credit - if that's the right word - for his psycho-babble. He's an irritating bore. Pellegrini's deadpan approach ("I don't comment on Mourinho's comments") is the best antidote. I'm so pleased our Barca boys gave him a swerve.

Not many times that Moaninho gets scared however I find it quite amusing that he is definitely fearing a whipping at our place on Monday.

Get an early goal and we could run riot.

I'm going 5-2 City.

Rammy Blue said:
Not many times that Moaninho gets scared however I find it quite amusing that he is definitely fearing a whipping at our place on Monday.

Get an early goal and we could run riot.

I'm going 5-2 City.

Yes... I'm going with 5-2 too since Aguero is out injured :P

Get ready for dirty game off the fukin nut job he knows he can't out football us and any injuries for us will assist him in future games.

3-0 Negredo, Dzeko and YaYa. Pellegrini is nice and relaxed. His team are playing how he wants them to play and at home we are creating chance after chance. Mourinho is running scared, trying to get ref's to turn against us and he is worried what a demoralising defeat will do to his 2nd place challenge with Arsenal. He has managed to get his defence in early, eg we are just looking for top four this season but the only people he seems to fool are the sycophantic press who just love 'our Jose'. More fool them, MP will be the one sipping champagne at the end of the season and will hopefully face palm the press who have consistently disrespected our great manager.

spanishblue said:
Get ready for dirty game off the fukin nut job he knows he can't out football us and any injuries for us will assist him in future games.
Agreed. Same tactics he did at Real when playing barca, send the hatchet men in to cut players down when the opposition is better than you. The media have an ugly obsession with him, laugh at his shit jokes and lavish his shit football with praise. Maybe by some miracle we may humble the prick, you don't have to be a complete wanker to win things.

Chelsea are tight at the back but rely on Hazard and Oscar for all there attacking forays.

If you keep them away from goal like West Ham did to good effect Chelsea are just above an average premiership side.

Arsene may talk about luck etc and Jose is always sprouting rubbish to deflect attention away from his sides weaknesses but you won't here him talking too much about luck when it comes to his side because he knows that to quote just two games namely West Brom and City he got out of jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.