City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lust overlord said:
bluemurray said:
On Monday night Manchester City will smash Chelsea. Once we have scored one we will put 5 past them; that's what we've done to every side bar 2 (Hull and Palace to their credit). And we will score one. That first goal acts like the catalyst for wave after wave of City attacks. There is not a team in this country who can live with us when we are like that and on Monday I am very confident we will be like that. I also happen to believe that - so long as the players believe they can - we will do Barca at home much the same.

I am coming to the view that all the chatter about it being a tight league this year will prove wholly unfounded. If I am wrong on that I am wrong, it's no big deal, nobody will have died. But I think we are starting now to gather a momentum which will leave everybody else trailing in out wake before too much longer has passed.... We has reached that lovely and rare tipping point where teams are beaten before they turn up, and while this was true at home from early on, it's now starting to be true away also. Once that starts to be the case, there will be no stopping us. That's not arrogance btw, it's a fact, and all we have to do is sit back, ignore the bleating of the fans of other clubs (you spent all that money blah blah... and their managers (and is it just me that really hates all the 'special one' shit??) and enjoy the ride.

5-0 City.

Hope you are right ,but a 5-0 isn't realistic.
Can see this being a very tight game and a one goal winning margin.

Not saying it will be 5 but why do you think it will be that close. Recent history in this fixture shows we fare very good.
They've improved a bit but are dull as ditch water. We have improved a lot and are exciting as it gets.

Pablo1 said:
zola said:
Pablo1 said:
But the handball was in the first half which would have made it 2-0 to us at half time. We'd have come out even stronger in the second half from that advantage. The Newcastle one had it been allowed would more than likely left us without having to play against a team/support that thought they'd be aggrieved and a referee determined to even it out. I've no doubt we'd have gone onto win that game. Mourinho didn't rile me one bit, not arsed about what he has to say. It was your attitude to City fans on our own forum that I responded to.

But the fact is the way most on here rant about Jose he clearly is under a lot of peoples skins.
Well he's a bit of a dick isn't he? Great manager and there was a time I'd have loved him here. This seasons showing from him goes to prove the old saying 'be careful what you wish for' is true. He's lost his magic and gone from interesting to desperate. Like I said though, as long as the media carry on as if he's the master of mind games there'll be plenty who lap it up. Us on the other hand will quietly go about our business - which so far has been smashing teams by playing some of the best football seen on these shores for a long time. Think you'll find we're a pretty happy bunch overall.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/pellegrinis-golden-chance-to-silence-mourinho-29966323.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 66323.html</a>

This sums what a dick he is and why he has to be put in his box along with his mind games

schumey04 said:
Pablo1 said:
zola said:
But the fact is the way most on here rant about Jose he clearly is under a lot of peoples skins.
Well he's a bit of a dick isn't he? Great manager and there was a time I'd have loved him here. This seasons showing from him goes to prove the old saying 'be careful what you wish for' is true. He's lost his magic and gone from interesting to desperate. Like I said though, as long as the media carry on as if he's the master of mind games there'll be plenty who lap it up. Us on the other hand will quietly go about our business - which so far has been smashing teams by playing some of the best football seen on these shores for a long time. Think you'll find we're a pretty happy bunch overall.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/pellegrinis-golden-chance-to-silence-mourinho-29966323.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 66323.html</a>

This sums what a dick he is and why he has to be put in his box along with his mind games
I know that the football gods do not often deliver justice. There are many occasions where the better team might lose on a given day.

However in this particular game I sincerely hope that justice is delivered in a powerful and uncompromising manner. There is something about the quality of Pellers as a person, his integrity and decency, that far overshadows the shallow whinings of Moaninho. Where Moaninho insults and derides, Pellers respects.

Apart from his moral integrity, Pellers plays the beautiful game as it is intended to be played. He seeks to entertain as well as win. He refuses to set up to simply nullify the opposition and hope for a goal on the counter or from a set piece. He has delivered to City a style of football that is the envy of the football world. As Tim Sherwood said, a team like City deserves to win the league.

It is possible, of course, that Chelsea could win this game. However if the football gods intervene then this will not be the case.

For all the reasons above, City deserve to win this game, and in my humble opinion they will.

If City are going to play with the two up top, the biggest thing here is space that will be available to Chelsea when they do manage to get the ball and try to hit on the break. Plans for Hazard who will be the main threat in these situations is the key.

The reason we didn;t win in the last game is because we tried to go through the middle, It is almost impossible to go through the middle vs chelsea, they have a double pivot+3 attacking midfielders that press high up the pitch.

Damien10 said:
If City are going to play with the two up top, the biggest thing here is space that will be available to Chelsea when they do manage to get the ball and try to hit on the break. Plans for Hazard who will be the main threat in these situations is the key.

Two strikers is an absolute must.

Chelsea won't have time to hit on the break because our high pressure is almost perfect now.

silvasleftleg said:
The reason we didn;t win in the last game is because we tried to go through the middle, It is almost impossible to go through the middle vs chelsea, they have a double pivot+3 attacking midfielders that press high up the pitch.
Then surely Navas up against César Azpilicueta who will be playing on his weaker side could be key. Also i think it would help greatly if Chelsea was to play David Luiz in central midfield. He's a player who i think struggles to get around the pitch when playing in the center of midfield,this could allow space for Fernandinho and Toure to take up good positions.

Damien10 said:
silvasleftleg said:
Then surely Navas up against César Azpilicueta who will be playing on his weaker side could be key. Also i think it would help greatly if Chelsea was to play David Luiz in central midfield. He's a player who i think struggles to get around the pitch when playing in the center of midfield,this could allow space for Fernandinho and Toure to take up good positions.

In recent weeks we used a 4-2-2-2 formation with Navas on the right wing, he stretches the game, while the two strikers push the opponents line back. We will be able to pass the ball from end to end, back to front. Chelsea's high pressure will be useless as we will stretch the game and use the full width of the pitch.

either we will break them down and stuff 'em 4 -0 or they'll hold out and sneak a 1 - 0 the dirty jellied eel eating cockerneee fuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.