City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have Sterling playing. He seems to have gone backwards again and was awful against Burnley. I know many on here don't rate him, but I would play Navas, he gives cover to the right back and we may need that on Saturday.

Won't be a popular post, but I'm with you on this. Navas has great ball retention also.

A week free of League Cup gives Pep a chance to work with the team so should be rested and well prepared for the game

No as we would play a 352 not a 343

Hazard would have a field day if we played 3 at the back. It might work if we were playing at Stamford Bridge and the two wide players were instructed to play conservatively, leaning towards 532. But at the Etihad the wide players will inevitably push forward and we will be exposed on the counter. Sagna needs to play.

Am I the only one who thinks we're going to batter this lot on Saturday? They're a good side but we've far more quality, and for the first time this season we have a full week to prepare.

Pep will have a plan for this game, and I'm confident they'll get turned over.

We need our quickest tempo footballers to eliminate Kante's influence. He's back to title influencing form and was fantastic yesterday.
What for you mean "back". He's been good since the start of the season and great for a month and a half now. Biggest mistake of the pre-season not trying to get this fella. Best DM in the League by the length of the street.

3-1 Chelsea. They look a more effective team than us.

They've looked poor their last few games, but still won. Much like us.

As has been noted, City have a tactical advantage insomuch as Chelsea are locked into a lineup and formation that is largely unlikely to change. Meanwhile, it's anybodies guess what Pep will do.

My mind tells me this one could well end a draw, but I'm going for City 2-1.

Chelsea fan here..

It should be an interesting game. I expect City to have the bulk of the possession while we'll try and hit you on the counter as quickly and often as possible. Our defense looks great at the moment because the system is set up to cover their weaknesses and we have Kante and Matic (as well as Moses and Alonso) helping out the back 3 literally all the time, so as a team, we're a strong unit. I think, if we are pressed aggressively up high, individually the players might struggle. I'm looking at Cahill specifically, Azpi isn't extremely confident in possession under pressure either.

Before the Spurs game, I would have probably accepted 2 draws from these 2 games. Having secured 3 points this weekend, I could live with a defeat at the Etihad. This is by far our biggest test this season (something we've been saying pretty much every week since before the United game). We're obviously in extremely confident mood, but no-one is confident enough to expect a win at the Etihad. Our next 5 games after this are very winnable.

Whatever the result, it won't change much for either team. It'll be a really for tight title race. Both teams will be up there in April. And if it hasn't been said before, if we don't win it, i'd much rather City won it than Liverpool (or Arsenal).

Hopefully De Bruyne will have the game of his life. If himself and Aguero are on form I think we'll win.

I think Liverpool will drop points so could be back to the top by 5pm

Bravo

Stones
Otamendi
Kolarov

Fernandinho

Navas
Gundagon
Silva
Nolito

De Bruyne

Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.