City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fernandinho is our most important player, but I couldn't get a fag paper between them. A defensive pairing of Fern and kante in front of a back three would allow the forward five to run riot. We missed a trick letting Chelsea sign their own 'Fernandinho'.
Looking forward to tomorrow's game - the first real big one for Pep in the Premier League. I hope the crowd's up for it despite the early k.o.

http://playingfor90.com/2016/12/01/ngolo-kante-vs-fernandinho-clash-central-midfielders/

Statistically, at least, Fernandinho bests Kante hands down and not just on offensive prowess either.

The fact that Kante offers almost nothing going forward rules him out of a Pep side regardless.

Can't wait for this now. Four weeks since the last home game is far too long to wait.

Looks like the media , pundits , ex-players and every man and his dog is writing us off , seems familiar , the game at the swamp was just a matter of the Rags turning up to steam roller us with an easy victory , that turned out well for the "experts". No team talk needed on Saturday just put pin a few of the experts opinions on the dressing room door , and go out and smash the cockney f*ckers.

They aren't, though , are they? That's just classic Bluemoon Confirmation Bias. From what I've seen, opinion is pretty much split, with plenty predicting a draw. Very similar to the United game, actually.

Gonna be our hardest test this. Conte is doing very well and they are well organised. That Midfield battle is key. Lets hope they're up for this. A draw is not a bad result for either of us.

Shame I've had to give my tickets away and can't go.

Got to be a good atmosphere and we'll win. The atmosphere against Chelsea last year when the third tier opened was probably the best it's been at the Etihad and the same group of players we are playing were shocked within 25 mins.

They aren't, though , are they? That's just classic Bluemoon Confirmation Bias. From what I've seen, opinion is pretty much split, with plenty predicting a draw. Very similar to the United game, actually.

Yeah, the Sky pundits seem pretty split. Lawrenson's even gone for the City win.

Got to be a good atmosphere and we'll win. The atmosphere against Chelsea last year when the third tier opened was probably the best it's been at the Etihad and the same group of players we are playing were shocked within 25 mins.

With it being a 12.30 kick off I think the atmosphere will be terrible.

I hate early kick offs.

I really hope we win this, but it is more a must-not-lose game than a must-win game for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.