City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised this hasn't sold out yet, although it looks like just a handful of tickets left. Seat counters, where are you!

They aren't, though , are they? That's just classic Bluemoon Confirmation Bias. From what I've seen, opinion is pretty much split, with plenty predicting a draw. Very similar to the United game, actually.

A majority of the ones I've heard or read are leaning towards a draw or Chelsea. But it seems to be based entirely on recent form. If the game had been played before we lost to Spurs and Chelsea switched to 343 I would have bet on 85%+ tipping City.

Costa was pretty mad with Fernandinho last season, i would try and get Costa worked up again. The key for me is isolating their wingbacks, there is so much space behind them; getting Sterling and whoever plays on the left as high up as possible is key. They outnumber the opposite team with their wingbacks so thats where it will be won and lost IMHO.

A majority of the ones I've heard or read are leaning towards a draw or Chelsea. But it seems to be based entirely on recent form. If the game had been played before we lost to Spurs and Chelsea switched to 343 I would have bet on 85%+ tipping City.

No doubt, mate. Many of these pundits just rehash second-hand cliches from MOTD. And those original opinions which they rehash are usually from pundits who watched 10 minutes of highlights. Most of us watch City ten times more than these people and have a much better idea.

The man-in-the-pub / MOTD opinion on Saturday is pretty much "Chelsea are in a great run of form and the three at the back is really working. But they have a big test at City who can be brilliant but also make mistakes at the back. Could go either way".

From my point of view I think the game is perfect for us to switch on our top form and send a message out. I think with the week's rest, and lack of injuries, and the the fact that they'll try and play on the break, means that we will win the game gloriously. I think the players have been waiting for this type of home game since Barcelona. It's a pity it isn't a tea time kick off.

http://playingfor90.com/2016/12/01/ngolo-kante-vs-fernandinho-clash-central-midfielders/

Statistically, at least, Fernandinho bests Kante hands down and not just on offensive prowess either.

The fact that Kante offers almost nothing going forward rules him out of a Pep side regardless.

I dunno mate, Watch Chelsea and I bet Kante is a big reason why they are ticking along nicely both defensively and up front. The mans a beast in a small package. Kante and Fern would be the dream team. Definitely missed an opportunity there.

Just seen the comments from Conte very complimentary and gracious about City unlike his predecessor. I think bothe Conte and Pep have a lot of respect for each other and both are excellent managers

would like to see nolito back starting and going back to the team we played at the start of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.