City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sagna has to start. He's generally had Hazard's number over the last 2 seasons if I remember correctly.

A back 4 is the way to go with Fernandinho/Fernando dropping in between the centre backs.

A bit nervous about this one frankly
Conte has his boys fired up and this will be a good hard fought match
No cock ups at the back
2-1 city

They've looked poor their last few games, but still won. Much like us.

As has been noted, City have a tactical advantage insomuch as Chelsea are locked into a lineup and formation that is largely unlikely to change. Meanwhile, it's anybodies guess what Pep will do.

My mind tells me this one could well end a draw, but I'm going for City 2-1.

I don't think we've looked poor. I mean, compared to the Everton and United games, then sure, but I think the team is learning how to get results without dominating and blowing teams away. The Boro and Spurs games told me a lot more about this team than the previous 5 wins. Blowing teams away is fun, but I'm sure Pep will have learned a lot about the team from your last 2 league wins. He was noticeably very happy with the team this weekend.

What for you mean "back". He's been good since the start of the season and great for a month and a half now. Biggest mistake of the pre-season not trying to get this fella. Best DM in the League by the length of the street.

I think he started off slowly, post Euros.

I agree, I would have loved us getting him.

Proves with every game that Leicester were a one man team.

Chelsea fan here..

It should be an interesting game. I expect City to have the bulk of the possession while we'll try and hit you on the counter as quickly and often as possible. Our defense looks great at the moment because the system is set up to cover their weaknesses and we have Kante and Matic (as well as Moses and Alonso) helping out the back 3 literally all the time, so as a team, we're a strong unit. I think, if we are pressed aggressively up high, individually the players might struggle. I'm looking at Cahill specifically, Azpi isn't extremely confident in possession under pressure either.

Before the Spurs game, I would have probably accepted 2 draws from these 2 games. Having secured 3 points this weekend, I could live with a defeat at the Etihad. This is by far our biggest test this season (something we've been saying pretty much every week since before the United game). We're obviously in extremely confident mood, but no-one is confident enough to expect a win at the Etihad. Our next 5 games after this are very winnable.

Whatever the result, it won't change much for either team. It'll be a really for tight title race. Both teams will be up there in April. And if it hasn't been said before, if we don't win it, i'd much rather City won it than Liverpool (or Arsenal).
Fair comments IMO. I, for one, would also prefer Chelsea to win it instead of Arsenal or (unbearable) Liverpool, if we don't.

Very tough to call this one! I slightly favor Chelsea because of the structure they have in place. City is always a question mark how we are going to line up, who will play ... De Bruyne, Silva & Stones won't have played for 10 days when they play Chelsea next weekend because of being rested this weekend. Not a big fan of that. I think the structure & routine will help Chelsea to a narrow victory 1-2 at the Etihad.
If City want to win (I assume they do :)) the key will be to be super efficient going forward ... which has been a problem sometimes in recent weeks.

This will be very difficult the Chelsea wing backs could cause us no end of trouble. While this is not a league decider it could go a long way towards deciding the outcome. We have a tough fixture list in December and consequently not sure we can afford to lose this one. We need a Barcelona like performance (Home leg) and with a bit of luck and some sharp finishing we might just nick it. We are unlikely to keep a clean sheet so at least 2 goals required to win this one.

I don't think we've looked poor. I mean, compared to the Everton and United games, then sure, but I think the team is learning how to get results without dominating and blowing teams away. The Boro and Spurs games told me a lot more about this team than the previous 5 wins. Blowing teams away is fun, but I'm sure Pep will have learned a lot about the team from your last 2 league wins. He was noticeably very happy with the team this weekend.

I always think it's a results business during the winter months.

Teams tend to play more swashbuckling stuff at the beginning and end of seasons.

We'll really need to turn up to get something from a very well set up Conte side.

Usual negative shite as usual on here, last few weeks have shown we can battle at places like Palace and the six fingered inbreds and get results which is a good sign,we know we've got top footballing quality in the team but the lads are battling and all putting a shift in which is just as important and with a full week to prepare and a mostly fully fit squad i expect us to put the rentboys to the sword and make a statement to the rest of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.