City vs CSKA Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think City will look a little sharper up top than they have done recently, i predict a fairly good performance, building on the derby, with an eventual 3-1 win.

In these games we've had against them last season and this, CSKA have shown themselves to be an obnoxious institution with an utterly rancid set of values from the executive suites right down to the stands. That was one reason why I was so disappointed we let the lead slip against them the other week, and it's an added reason to hope that we absolutely smash them tonight. This said, we simply need a win of any description if we're to retain a decent chance of qualifying, so, while it would be nice to teach CSKA a lesson, there are more important issues at hand.

We can't treat the games as a foregone conclusion and CSKA certainly aren't no-hopers in the way of one or two teams that have managed to get to the group phase (the likes of Maribor, for instance). But they certainly aren't a strong side by CL standards, and frankly, if we can't beat CSKA at home, we don't deserve to progress in this competition. I'm optimistic, which slightly unnerves me as an avowed City pessimist! :)

We can point to some poor refereeing, but in truth, we had only ourselves to blame in Moscow. We're the better team (in principle) but we took our foot off the gas and paid the price for that.

Even with a win tonight, it may prove to be a very costly error in Moscow.

However, we can't go back and fix that, and things are still in our hands. A convincing win tonight will be very welcome.

Let's hope the crowd tonight don't start getting too tense after 20 minutes (as it often does). We need to get behind them and give CSKA the stuffing they should have had in Moscow.

petrusha said:
In these games we've had against them last season and this, CSKA have shown themselves to be an obnoxious institution with an utterly rancid set of values from the executive suites right down to the stands. That was one reason why I was so disappointed we let the lead slip against them the other week, and it's an added reason to hope that we absolutely smash them tonight. This said, we simply need a win of any description if we're to retain a decent chance of qualifying, so, while it would be nice to teach CSKA a lesson, there are more important issues at hand.

We can't treat the games as a foregone conclusion and CSKA certainly aren't no-hopers in the way of one or two teams that have managed to get to the group phase (the likes of Maribor, for instance). But they certainly aren't a strong side by CL standards, and frankly, if we can't beat CSKA at home, we don't deserve to progress in this competition. I'm optimistic, which slightly unnerves me as an avowed City pessimist! :)

Couldn't put it better myself (especially the first paragraph)!

I am confident about a very good result in this game. Even without Merlin we are slowly grinding through the gears. CSKA will be another stepping stone as we slowly but surely move towards top gear.

I should be buzzing about tonights game, but I'm not because of a number of disappointing European nights at City. We've got ourselves into a downward spiral where the crowd is flat and I'm sure that influences the players. Hopefully a good win tonight, and we can start to feel more positive about this competition.

Marvin said:
I should be buzzing about tonights game, but I'm not because of a number of disappointing European nights at City. We've got ourselves into a downward spiral where the crowd is flat and I'm sure that influences the players. Hopefully a good win tonight, and we can start to feel more positive about this competition.
I'm thinking this could be one of the best atmospheres we've had for a group stage match. The cheaper tickets will mean there'll be more of the regular fans there and even just a full house will be an improvement on previous games.

The Pope said:
Bet we go 1 nil down after five mins then scrape to a win with 2 mins left lol

Well, like all Vatican principals you're a bundle of fun.
3-1 and no worries.

Matt the Giant said:
I fully expect us to absolutely hammer the Muscovites.

I wish I had your confidence. - but City have not "hammered" anyone this season.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.