City Vs Everton Post Game Discussion thread

Re: Samir Nasri

All our front lads had a hard time today, Nasri was the least effective of the 4 but thats not to say he had a bad game, its was more down to the way Everton set up....to stifle.

Few more games to keep developing that understanding, and he will fly :)

SWP's back said:
SebastianBlue said:
SWP's back said:
Luckily I have the intelligence to avoid making decision based on two games - or even 6 or 7 games to be honest (roughly the time Dzecko has played very well).

Nor do I dengrate Dzecko in any of my posts. I said that I am glad to have them both and it's horses for courses.

ps - Balotelli is something else in training and if he can convert that onto the pitch then you'll see what I mean. But no one gets close to him for finishing. Not even Kun who is my favourite striker. I watched him take 5 penalties in a row against Hart and he put Hart the wrong way each time. Much to everyones amusement (other than Hart's, he was fuming).

And unlike you, I was not insulting your intelligence, merely pointing out that evidence is all we have and objectively there is more for Dzeko's skill than Balo's right now. That may not be true in the future, but to imply 8 or 9 (which is really the correct amount) well-played matches against high opposition in comparison to 1 or 2 against poor opposition is not a better standing to form an opinion is... Well, silly, really.

I didn't come here to start a fight but argue a point. Let's keep it civil, shall we?

This is me being civil!

Let's just agree we have great strikers and a manager that will play who he feels is needed for the circumstances at the time eh?

I will not agree.

I say we have amazing strikers and a manager that will play who he thinks is needed for the circumstances at the moment.

;-)

SebastianBlue said:
SWP's back said:
SebastianBlue said:
And unlike you, I was not insulting your intelligence, merely pointing out that evidence is all we have and objectively there is more for Dzeko's skill than Balo's right now. That may not be true in the future, but to imply 8 or 9 (which is really the correct amount) well-played matches against high opposition in comparison to 1 or 2 against poor opposition is not a better standing to form an opinion is... Well, silly, really.

I didn't come here to start a fight but argue a point. Let's keep it civil, shall we?

This is me being civil!

Let's just agree we have great strikers and a manager that will play who he feels is needed for the circumstances at the time eh?

I will not agree.

I say we have amazing strikers and a manager that will play who he thinks is needed for the circumstances at the moment.

;-)
rag

Not the greatest game you'll ever see , but gritty and aggresive Everton didn't come to win it , that was all too clear ....... five men booked said it all for them , and Moyes has since admitted their attacking 'limitations'.

It took a long time for City to put together anything worthwhile , but Balotellis introduction finally livenened things up , and it materialised into a very good three points for us in the end.

Another impressive performance from David Silva in the end , and his ball to Milner was sublime ........

City teams of yesteryear would have floundered in 'awkward' fixtures such as this , and getting the points in this one says a lot for this present City side.

SWP's back said:
SebastianBlue said:
SWP's back said:
This is me being civil!

I will not agree.

;-)
rag

Where is that "are you serious?" image when you need it.

Re: Samir Nasri

Big Fish said:
Like today, Rodwell marked Silva. YOu could see Silva drifting out wide so that the tall Rodwell wasn't in the box when a cross came in. Nasri should be exploiting that kind of thing and making himself available in the middle.
Really great point, there mate.

------

Nasri wasn't amazing, but by all means he kept things ticking. He isn't a playmaker in the sense as David is, he's more of a ball carrier imo, and its hard to do that when there wasn't much space especially in the middle where he like to carry the balls. He can beat a man (which i would like to see more of btw) but he's not super pacy so attacking the fullbacks wouldn't have been the best option either.

7/10 imo

Sky Blue said:
standupefc said:
TBH City deserved to win. I don't think you played poorly I just think you found it hard to break our defence down. Moyes set up our team to try and get a 0 0 draw, he didn't seem to anticipate Everton would actually have to go anywhere near Citys penalty box. We didn't even create a chance in the game, which is unforgivable. Moyes 4 6 0 formation just simply didn't work, it was obvious you were going to break the deadlock. City have outplayed most teams this season today you faced an opposition with no intention of playing. If you'd beat us 4 0 and totally outplayed us I woudn't of been bothered, the fact is all we did is hoof the ball around and give the ball away. Even after the first goal we made no attempt at trying to get an equalizer, Moyes was more interested in keeping it at 1 0. We just simply have no idea how to attack anymore, not once did we threaten your goal. Our system probably would have worked if we'd had a decent striker like Napoli do to test your defenders. I think most City fans probably understand why our fans are miserable and bitter when w ehave to watch this shite every week. All in all I think City were the better side and the only side on the pitch for most of the 90 minutes. Moyes plays anti football, none of our players can do anyhting except pass the ball sideways or just hoof it.

Fair post fella......Not hard to be truthful is it DSOB ?

Some of us say it as we see it, unlike crying arses who prefer to slate Moyes on a City forum to suck up to City fans. Moyes has the team he has, and uses what resources he has at the time. He can't field players he doesn't have. There's nothing truthful in being a whinging loser.

Everton were the better team for the first quater, and ended up with 2 yellow cards for their troubles making it difficult to challenge. We're not going to out play City for 90 minutes with no creative midfielders and no strikers in the team, so not sure what some of our fans expect. The best we could hope for was what we got, until the deflection put us behind.

Our players also played 120 minutes on Wednesday with the smallest squad in the league, so to expect an awesome performance was asking a lot. I think the lads fought well, and put in a good shift.

To read an Everton fan slating Moyes on a City forum is disgusting, but it's not surprising to see a rat in the sewer when all said and done ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.