City Vs Everton Post Game Discussion thread

Such a frustrating game to watch with Everton's anti-football.

I have never seen a team at 0-0 have a corner and just put 4 men in the box. Play like that and it's just a matter of time before you concede

To be honest, I don't really think it's that speculative about the Balotelli vs Dzeko debate. IMO, I think Balotelli's the preferable player. Keep in mind that Dzeko is intrinsically a center forward while Balo can do that and much more. He could play in any of the top five premier league teams. Dzeko couldn't. Not because he isn't good, but because he's a center forward. So far, I'd have to admit that Dzeko is clearly the best center forward in our team. However, Balotelli's a pretty good center forward, a very good winger and a very very good complete striker. He could play in any of the top 5 teams in the PL because of this. C'mon....

Just got finished watching cos I had to work. Frustrating until the first goal, but you have to give Everton their credit, a lot of teams are going to come to COMS this season and play the exact same way. We needed to find a way to break them down and we did, good practice for what is to come a lot more this campaign.

Thought Micah was a beast again, that lad is really developing into something special at RB.

Final thoughts - fuck off Everton.

Re: Samir Nasri

Unfortunately I couldn't go today so had the joys of watching on Sky, Nasri had a decent game.

He's not blessed with electric pace so hardly likely to be ragging the fullback however he kept the ball moving and didn't give up possession.

A 7 out of 10 kind of game.

SebastianBlue said:
SWP's back said:
SebastianBlue said:
I believe people have and have noted both finish well. They are different players. Again, I reference my post a moment ago: Balo scoring two goals, one a well taken deflection, and the other in the CC against a Championship side is not enough evidence to put Balo ahead of Dzeko.

Luckily I have the intelligence to avoid making decision based on two games - or even 6 or 7 games to be honest (roughly the time Dzecko has played very well).

Nor do I dengrate Dzecko in any of my posts. I said that I am glad to have them both and it's horses for courses.

ps - Balotelli is something else in training and if he can convert that onto the pitch then you'll see what I mean. But no one gets close to him for finishing. Not even Kun who is my favourite striker. I watched him take 5 penalties in a row against Hart and he put Hart the wrong way each time. Much to everyones amusement (other than Hart's, he was fuming).

And unlike you, I was not insulting your intelligence, merely pointing out that evidence is all we have and objectively there is more for Dzeko's skill than Balo's right now. That may not be true in the future, but to imply 8 or 9 (which is really the correct amount) well-played matches against high opposition in comparison to 1 or 2 against poor opposition is not a better standing to form an opinion is... Well, silly, really.

I didn't come here to start a fight but argue a point. Let's keep it civil, shall we?

This is me being civil!

Let's just agree we have great strikers and a manager that will play who he feels is needed for the circumstances at the time eh?

Kun Aguero said:
He was very good today, OP I dont know if you were at the game but he always finds space... nasri > snejider.FACT.

Ah the old 'were you at the game' line.
Yes, I was.
I wouldn't say he was very good to be honest.

I simply made this thread because he was voted man of the match, and that surprised me, so it interests me to see if people generally do think he's started like a house on fire!

I know what the OP is saying. Silva was man marked today (how many red cards will that bring to oppositions - you can't man mark big dave). That surely gives Nasri license to do what Silva does. He's not the same type of player as Our Dave (yeah Samir is a fantastic player, but there's only a few heads that can do what Silva does) needs someone totake the pressure off him and get in the spaces he leaves when he is being marked.

Like today, Rodwell marked Silva. YOu could see Silva drifting out wide so that the tall Rodwell wasn't in the box when a cross came in. Nasri should be exploiting that kind of thing and making himself available in the middle.

But I do think Nasri has started good for us and will be a top player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.