City vs Everton Post Match Thread

pipcell said:
I'm a toffee, but I'm neither a WUM or a rival fan brown-noser. I was at the game today and 100% cheering my team on.

What boils my p1ss is accusations that today we threw the game in some way. We didn't...we were just beaten. If Hart hadn't made that save on Naismith's shot it could have been a very different outcome.

I read your match day thread and the live comments in no way represented a feeling from your fans that we were rolling over. I guess my question is now you've all had time to reflect, what are your thoughts on this? Do you feel we gave you an easy ride today or is this bitterness from over the park?

Kudos to all the city fans who stayed and clapped our players at the end. <- that bit is a bit brown-nosey.

Just interested I guess and good luck for your last two games. #COYB
Of course your side tried, you could have won and were pushing for an equaliser right until the death.
Liverpool fans are as bitter as anyone, and need some rational reason that their Fairytale Stevie G 96 season may end trophyless.

I don't know how they can seriously think that you threw it when it was such a tight game. Idiots.

I hope you lot finish above Candlepool next season, over this season I have developed a deep hatred for the bastards.
I've warmed to Everton more now you have Martinez (and we actually managed to beat you finally!). You'll do well next year if you manage to keep hold of Barry, Baines and Coleman. Replacing Lukaku may be a tough ask though.
Barkley ripped us open whenever he got the ball, he is a real player. Fancy a cheeky swap deal with Rodwell? ;)

Stoned Rose said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Stoned Rose said:
Just got home from Goodison. What a colossal day.

From where I was stood we played well. Everton seemed to do a lot 'in front' of us but so what?

To score 3 and win at the worst bogey ground ever, after going 1 down, was absolutely brilliant. Thought we were professional and very very dogged.

Special praise for Garcia who seemed to be fucking everywhere mopping up and blocking everything that cam his way.

We handled the pressure amazingly well today. The mark of Champions imo.

Garcia was shit today, which was a suprise because he's been class recently. Barkley is some player, we couldn't get near him. If there was ever a replacement for yaya, then it's him. Get him under his wing for a few years and he will be world class. If we don't sign him, then I hope he stays at Everton, they must of been gutted when Rooney left and it would be hard for them seeing Barkley leave them too.

One thing that annoyed me today was bringing kolarov on left wing, time and time again he's proved he's shit when playing further forward. Mancini did this all the time and pelle seems to like the idea of it too. Good left back, but shit winger.

Oh dear mate.

Garcia 1000% wasn't 'shit' today'. He performed his role with aplomb.

Kolarov is actually much better when played as an attacking full back (a sort of semi-winger in some games) than he is when played as a 'pure' left back.

Miles.

Well I can't remember a single decent cross that he put in after coming on today. He is much better playing as a full back as it is harder to pick his runs up when he goes on the overlap. When he plays left midfield as he did today and against Barca the onus is on him to beat his man and put a cross in which he struggles to do as he does not have great pace. He has a great left foot and is probably the best crosser of the ball at the club. He is much better when playing left-back although defensively suspect.

You seem to be the only one that thinks Garcia was good today. From where I was sitting on the sofa it looked like Barkley tore him a new one.

I watched this with an Everton fan. I think it's safe to say he didn't want them to lose this game. I'm now watching the next game with a Villa fan that wants us to win the league, so I wonder how that one will go.

Obviously Kolarov was brought on to defend, not to attack.

There was a strange lack of intensity from us in the last half hour. I really thought when we went 3-1 up we would then score a couple more to kill the game off but we took our foot off the gas and it very nearly cost us. Let's hope it's a lesson learned although I've a feeling there will be more to come in the next couple of games!

jaigurugoat said:
There was a strange lack of intensity from us in the last half hour. I really thought when we went 3-1 up we would then score a couple more to kill the game off but we took our foot off the gas and it very nearly cost us. Let's hope it's a lesson learned although I've a feeling there will be more to come in the next couple of games!

Just tossing this out there: there are two more matches in the next eight days. Our boys are gassed. It's been a long season. Aguero comes off as a precaution; Yaya out early as well; Silva rested to start. I think Pellegrini was playing the percentages -- 3-1 up, save some energy for the next two that are just as important as this one, don't risk further injuries, sit back and soak the pressure up.

I too wish perhaps we had been more aggressive and put another one by them to kill it. But maybe he sensed that the crowd wasn't exactly going to urge Everton on given what was at stake for Liverpool, I don't know. And he admitted we were "nervous".

But I can see his thinking. I think too many have interpreted this conservatism as shite play because they aren't used to seeing us sit back, and I'm not sure we're that good at it either. We shite at playing the the tactics Pelle chose in the last 1/2 hour, but that doesn't mean it was a shite performance overall as some have said.

FogBlueInSanFran said:
jaigurugoat said:

Just tossing this out there: there are two more matches in the next eight days. Our boys are gassed. It's been a long season. Aguero comes off as a precaution; Yaya out early as well; Silva rested to start. I think Pellegrini was playing the percentages -- 3-1 up, save some energy for the next two that are just as important as this one, don't risk further injuries, sit back and soak the pressure up.

I too wish perhaps we had been more aggressive and put another one by them to kill it. But maybe he sensed that the crowd wasn't exactly going to urge Everton on given what was at stake for Liverpool, I don't know. And he admitted we were "nervous".

But I can see his thinking. I think too many have interpreted this conservatism as shite play because they aren't used to seeing us sit back, and I'm not sure we're that good at it either. We shite at playing the the tactics Pelle chose in the last 1/2 hour, but that doesn't mean it was a shite performance overall as some have said.
Everton on the ball game was very good, definitely looked like our players were spent by the 60 minute mark.

FogBlueInSanFran said:
jaigurugoat said:

The way I looked at it was he did not take off YaYa coz he WANTED to he took him off coz he HAD to. Same same with Silva. I would gather if this were a game in January, Silva would NOT have been in the squad as he isnt fit. Given the ramifications of the last couple of matches its all hands on deck.

Re: Did City fans stay for EFC lap of honour?

There were about 30 city fans who stayed behind and were applauding the Everton players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.