City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lomas has a lob on said:
How long before Demichellis is fit?

Nastasic and Lescott are both scaring the shit out of me at the moment.

Nastasic seems to just go round constantly fouling players in dangerous areas. Not a good idea against a team with Baines in it.
Lescott would be fine on the left of Kompany.

Couple of mistakes, and suddenly our players are basket-cases?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
moomba said:
Ha ha, I'm blaming the early kick off for me being awake before my brain is ready to function.

Fernandinho can replace Barry at half time. Or Razak could start.

Seeing as Razak is currently either in Anzhi or Moscow it might be difficult for him to play today...

Thats very perceptive of you, ah well lets hope Barry plays well.

So many questions about starting 11 today - very difficult for me to guess todays team.

Does Hart start or is he finaly dropped for one game?, honestly i don't mind Pantilimon starting one game - i rate him maybe a little bit higher than the others on here.

I would probably give Lescot a start ahead of Nastasic alongside Company.

Fullbacks - i don't think this is the crucial issue but i'd expect Zabaleta and Kolarov to start today simple beacuse Clichy and Richards were playing 3 days ago.

Are Fernandinho and Yaya ready for another start after chasing shadows for 90 minutes less than 3 days ago?
Actually, i wouldn't be at all surprised to see Garcia starting today, and Yaya and Fern sharing a half each like in that Wigan game...
Now, i know that most of the fans are dredding this possibility - but it wouldn't surprise me at all...

Certainly hope Silva is fit to start - after all i do rate him as City's most creative attacking midfilder, and City could definitely use him today... Nasri probably to replace him when he gets to tired...

Milner or Navas - each has his advantages and disadvantages but i have to say i'm not too impressed by Navas so far, still - it's early days as you say and hopefully he will grow into his role as the season progresses...

I expect Negredo to start today, - i simply don't think Dzeko will start 4th game in a row...

Probably Aguero as the second striker, again - if he is ready for 90 minutes, - it seems to me that he is constantly carrying some small injuries and manager will try to give him a rest as much as he can, but i don't think that he will get to rest today - this game is way to important.
Sorry for Jovetic, he probably deserves more game time than he had so far but i don't think Pellegrini trusts him enough to put him on from the start of such difficult and important game. However, if Aguero is not fit for 90 minutes i'd expect Jovetic to be the second striker today. Otherwise - Jovetic might get a chance from the bench...

DelBosque said:
So many questions about starting 11 today - very difficult for me to guess todays team.

Does Hart start or is he finaly dropped for one game?, honestly i don't mind Pantilimon starting one game - i rate him maybe a little bit higher than the others on here.

I would probably give Lescot a start ahead of Nastasic alongside Company.

Fullbacks - i don't think this is the crucial issue but i'd expect Zabaleta and Kolarov to start today simple beacuse Clichy and Richards were playing 3 days ago.

Are Fernandinho and Yaya ready for another start after chasing shadows for 90 minutes less than 3 days ago?
Actually, i wouldn't be at all surprised to see Garcia starting today, and Yaya and Fern sharing a half each like in that Wigan game...
Now, i know that most of the fans are dredding this possibility - but it wouldn't surprise me at all...

Certainly hope Silva is fit to start - after all i do rate him as City's most creative attacking midfilder, and City could definitely use him today... Nasri probably to replace him when he gets to tired...

Milner or Navas - each has his advantages and disadvantages but i have to say i'm not too impressed by Navas so far, still - it's early days as you say and hopefully he will grow into his role as the season progresses...

I expect Negredo to start today, - i simply don't think Dzeko will start 4th game in a row...

Probably Aguero as the second striker, again - if he is ready for 90 minutes, - it seems to me that he is constantly carrying some small injuries and manager will try to give him a rest as much as he can, but i don't think that he will get to rest today - this game is way to important.
Sorry for Jovetic, he probably deserves more game time than he had so far but i don't think Pellegrini trusts him enough to put him on from the start of such difficult and important game. However, if Aguero is not fit for 90 minutes i'd expect Jovetic to be the second striker today. Otherwise - Jovetic might get a chance from the bench...
Long term I think our best forward partnership will be Jovetic and Aguero but we haven't had the chance to play them yet.

Silva is another issue. A nice problem to have bringing a player like that back

You're right, Garcia could start. We really needed another 24 hours rest

unlike moyes,martinez likes his teams to play attacking football. love to see him play lukaku,barkley, and deulofeu and give it a go.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
moomba said:
Ha ha, I'm blaming the early kick off for me being awake before my brain is ready to function.

Fernandinho can replace Barry at half time. Or Razak could start.

Seeing as Razak is currently either in Anzhi or Moscow it might be difficult for him to play today...

Its not that early ;)

shackattack said:
unlike moyes,martinez likes his teams to play attacking football. love to see him play lukaku,barkley, and deulofeu and give it a go.
Deulofeu did an amazing dribble when he came on against Newcastle beating a man like he wasn't even trying, but touches wood has been generally disappointing for a payer who came with such a reputation.

Looking forward to a good open game, but fear you are playing us at a perfect time....72 hours after a painful European defeat.

BillyShears said:
waspish said:
Ducado said:
Martinez is proving to be a great manager, I know some had doubts and it's still early days yet, but if he does really well at Everton who knows where he may end up next, it seems the right way to do it, work from the bottom up

I agree love his positivity after every game win draw or lose

PMSL ...

I never make snide remarks like that but can see why you did ;)

Marvin said:
shackattack said:
Deulofeu did an amazing dribble when he came on against Newcastle beating a man like he wasn't even trying, but touches wood has been generally disappointing for a payer who came with such a reputation.

Looking forward to a good open game, but fear you are playing us at a perfect time....72 hours after a painful European defeat.

deulofeu will score a cracking goal one day soon, he is only young and still learning. same with barkley who is fearless for a lad of his age. neither would be in a moyes team for sure, we now go the game without the same predictability as we did under moyes. and it's great to have an enthusiastic manager who smiles !!!

I'd love to know what odds you can get on Martinez managing City someday. If he has a good run with Everton, wins another trophy, gets them into Europe etc. Stranger things have happened. Certainly gives off the right 'holistic' image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.