City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime City has a poor game, regardless of who played poorly, the same tired suggestions of starting Lescott and Milner pops up. Milner started against Aston Villa and had a mare. Lescott against Hull and looked lost. It must be a subconscious English pride thing. Cuz there frankly is no reason to sub Nastasic. Had a good game all things considered. Milner I understand. Not because i except anything better, as he is decidedly average. Lots of braun with little tactical IQ. But against midrange English club and being the most rested WM I can see the logic. Let him bring that effort that is so loved.

The calls for Lescott on the other hand are simply unjustified. Unless Nasty is hurt or playing poorly, which neither is the case, there is no justification for starting an inferior player. CDs generally can handle multiple games, as they are not as knackered as mids and forwards.

Lescott would probably not start on Saturday coz he doesn't deserve to supplant a player playing well. Milner, Jovetic and SIlva might.

After watching City for over 40 years I'm a total pessimist and rarely confident before a game, but people on here take it to a new level!!!!
I dread Everton games but am quietly confident about this one. Not sure why, I just think with the players we have there has to be a reaction to what just happened.
Can anyone remember City being dominated like that at home? Arsenal 2003 maybe?
Anyway, one thing is certain, they may be our bogey team, they may be undefeated, but there's no team in England can do what Bayern just did to us, 3 - 1 City
Come on you blues.

Zabs will be back in, as might Kolarocket along with maybe Joleon, Silva and Milner and Negredo and Aguero up front.

I'm well sat on the fence with Hart though.

.....................Pants..............
MR......VK.......JL.......AK
...............FERN.............
JM.......YT......DS.......SN
................AN...................

---------------Hart-------------------
Zab--Komp--Nastasic--Clichy
--------Fernandinho--Yaya----------
---Silva------Jovetic-----Nasri/Milner
---------------Aguero---------------

Tough on Negredo, who I think has done great, but I want to see Jovetic and Silva playing together.

sh249 said:

Tough on Negredo, who I think has done great, but I want to see Jovetic and Silva playing together.

I would love to see this formation, but I think it's safe to say that if he played 70 minutes against the best team in Europe with 2 up top, he will almost certainly start with 2 strikers against Everton.

Everton under Martinez have improved ten fold with his tactics they keep the ball just as good as us and if we play 442 we will be overrun and it will be a very difficult afternoon also for me Martinez is a far superior manager to our dinosaur

I've noticed on a couple of occasions now Nasty has given a few free kicks away right on the edge of our area.

We really need him doing that when everton have Baines?

the talisman said:
sh249 said:

I would love to see this formation, but I think it's safe to say that if he played 70 minutes against the best team in Europe with 2 up top, he will almost certainly start with 2 strikers against Everton.

Yeah, I think you're right. Though even in the above it would perhaps be one of those where you could argue whether to class Jovetic as part of a front two dropping off, or as one of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 (see the disagreements on here about whether we played 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 in 2011/12). Either way, I think we need to find a way of getting more players in good positions in the area in front of their defence. Saw it last night with Silva - as soon as he came on, the difference was night and day. Some of that had to do with Bayern letting up, most of it was to do with just how good and clever a player he is.

waspish said:
Everton under Martinez have improved ten fold with his tactics they keep the ball just as good as us and if we play 442 we will be overrun and it will be a very difficult afternoon also for me Martinez is a far superior manager to our dinosaur

We have better players than Everton and I think we'll beat them. You might be right about Martinez, it's still a bit early to say. in my opinion.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:33 pm --<br /><br />
sh249 said:
the talisman said:
sh249 said:

Yeah, I think you're right. Though even in the above it would perhaps be one of those where you could argue whether to class Jovetic as part of a front two dropping off, or as one of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 (see the disagreements on here about whether we played 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 in 2011/12). Either way, I think we need to find a way of getting more players in good positions in the area in front of their defence. Saw it last night with Silva - as soon as he came on, the difference was night and day. Some of that had to do with Bayern letting up, most of it was to do with just how good and clever a player he is.

Absolutely, my favourite player, it was great to see him back and he caused Bayern a lot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.