City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
If we play two in midfield we will run the risk of drawing, especially against a side that usually does well against us even at the Etihad.

I will be shocked if we lose though, if we do questions have to be asked of the manager and players, simple as that.

Silva-----------Negredo------------Kun
---------Yaya----------------Milner------
---------------Fernandinho-------------
Kolarov--Lescott--Vince--Zabaleta
----------------Pantillimon-----------------

Many are already asking sam , do MP and the players have any answers though , we will soon find out.

Eaglechief said:
Unfortunately our idiot manager will persist with the formation that has brought us such "entertaining" and "attacking" football all season.

Therefore we will lose this game 1-2 or at best sneak a draw 1-1.

Martinez is a more astute manager than the hapless idiot we have.

We've gone from being a team that believed it could win any game, to a team that is just hoping it can win now.

Pelligrini has done a marvellous job of lowering all our expectations.

I am a bit like you eagle , I am very disappointed in our performances and results so far and that's putting it mildly.

I am not into the excuses regarding players needing time to jell , new manager , new systems , etc.

We have assembled an expensive squad full of walk up start internationals with two years experience in the chumps league and a side that in the main should be asserting itself on the scoreboard against the sides we have played away from home this year without conceding 3 goals a game FFS.

We need a minimum of 14 points over our next six games in the premiership and 4 points against CSKA to convince me that we are not as bad I think we are becoming.

That has to be the minimum target for us now.

Im willing to bet my house he plays 4-4-2. I actually dont mind so much at home against everton as long as the 2 up top are negredo and aguero. Same team that played the rags for me.

mancity1 said:
Eaglechief said:
Unfortunately our idiot manager will persist with the formation that has brought us such "entertaining" and "attacking" football all season.

We've gone from being a team that believed it could win any game, to a team that is just hoping it can win now.

I am a bit like you eagle , I am very disappointed in our performances and results so far and that's putting it mildly.

I am not into the excuses regarding players needing time to jell , new manager , new systems , etc.

We have assembled an expensive squad full of walk up start internationals with two years experience in the chumps league and a side that in the main should be asserting itself on the scoreboard against the sides we have played away from home this year without conceding 3 goals a game FFS.

We need a minimum of 14 points over our next six games in the premiership and 4 points against CSKA to convince me that we are not as bad I think we are becoming.

Hi ManCity1,

After going to the game tonight, I must admit I'm becoming increasingly nervous about our team's performances.

A lot of poster's have tended to dismiss previous results, blaming it on individual errors etc but apart from the Newcastle / Rags and Wigan games, our overall performances have been quite poor.

Some posters will have you believe we were brilliant against Villa but the truth is we had lots of useless shots against them which gave a very distorted picture of the game, we had lots of possession but offered little threat at the end of the day.

I just don't see the progress some posters believe they are seeing, what I see is a team unsure of itself and the results are reflecting it unfortunately.

Like you say the next 6 games will be very telling, I really do hope this can be turned round, but my gut feeling is that it won't :-(

We will tested on the wings that's for sure. If it's not Baines then it'll be the impressive Coleman on the right. Martinez will have taken note of our poor performance tonight and look to put pressure on us early on. Expect them to try and play a pressing game using Barclay to mix it with our central two. We'll score a goal of two but well leak a couple aswell. 2-2 it is then and we maybe hanging on for that. Depressing.

Eaglechief said:
mancity1 said:
Eaglechief said:

Hi ManCity1,

After going to the game tonight, I must admit I'm becoming increasingly nervous about our team's performances.

A lot of poster's have tended to dismiss previous results, blaming it on individual errors etc but apart from the Newcastle / Rags and Wigan games, our overall performances have been quite poor.

Some posters will have you believe we were brilliant against Villa but the truth is we had lots of useless shots against them which gave a very distorted picture of the game, we had lots of possession but offered little threat at the end of the day.

I just don't see the progress some posters believe they are seeing, what I see is a team unsure of itself and the results are reflecting it unfortunately.

Like you say the next 6 games will be very telling, I really do hope this can be turned round, but my gut feeling is that it won't :-(

I am in your camp at the moment but we won't have to wait long because Everton will be pivotal.

I totally agree with your assessment of the Villa game , we huffed and puffed a bit but never looked like we would put them away and didn't create one gilt edged chance from open play against a defense that concedes from open play regularly at home against much so called inferior opposition.

I have seen nothing to give me the confidence we can reproduce that blistering first half of 2011/12 when we opened up defenses home and away , played with pace , quick accurate passing , created chance after chance and combined with a water tight defence that still conceded but didn't defend like the school boy approach to defending we have had to endure this season.

Hart is a shadow of the goal keeper he was then albeit his distribution and command of the box , his two main weaknesses have not improved to the extent it should have by now and he needs to be dropped even if his replacement is not seen as ideal.

No positives for me from last night or Villa at all.

In the old days we had the ability to shut up shop or at least make it much more difficult for the opposition to score once leading and give me a boring 1-0 away win over a " gallant unlucky " 3-2 loss any day.

We have given up 6 points already this season from winning positions and against Cardiff and Villa ffs.

There results against teams that many on hear think will finish below us will show just how poor those performances and results were.

I knew we would lose last night but I expected a much more committed display on the big stage.

We were an embarrassment plain and simple.

On current form it clearly points to an Everton win and surprisingly you can still get very good odds on an Everton win.

I am not a betting man and it will be scant consulation but for those that do I would suggest you load up on the draw and/or an Everton win this weekend.

citymad said:
We'll be tested on the wings that's for sure. If it's not Baines then it'll be the impressive Coleman on the right. Martinez will have taken note of our poor performance tonight and look to put pressure on us early on. I expect them to try and play a pressing game using Barclay to mix it with our central two. We'll score a goal of two but well leak a couple aswell. 2-2 it is then and we maybe hanging on for that.

FantasyIreland said:
Before last nights game I saw this match as being pivotal to our success this season,i think it takes on even more significance now as it will also evidence just how much Pellegrini has learnt from our displays to date.

I expect to see our best players in our best formation,i don't see that as 442 because we simply don't have the players to make that effective,i will be disappointed if that system is deployed.

Everton are a very good outfit this season and,given our last two results,i think this game has come at the perfect time as it will be a fitting test for both our manager and the players in respect of character and ability.

I want to see the 4231 - it plays to our strengths given the attributes of our players.

I'd pick

-------------pants----------
Zaba----Komps--Nasty---Clichy
------Milner----Fernandinho----
---Aguero---Yaya---Silva-------
-----------Negredo-----------
This is that fake 4231 Mancini used to play. It is a disjointed system as Aguero will not really play on the left nor Silva on the right. The 11 you have will start on Saturday (with perhaps the exception of Clichy who might give way to Kolarov) But that is not how they will Lineup.
-------------pants----------
Zaba----Komps--Nasty---Clichy
--------Fernandinho----
-Milner----Yaya---Silva-------
------Aguero----Negredo------

More like this. It might be enough to win us the game. But the best formation, and tactics is the same one that was just used to school us last night.

.....................GK..............
FB......CD.......CD.......FB
................CDM.............
WM......CM....CM.....WM
................FW...................

You can insert whatever names suit your fancy. However, this requires high level of small area movement and technical passing, high line, short field and short side field zoning and pressure, e.t.c.

Personally I want the WMs to be 2 of SIlva/Navas/Nasri/Jovetic/Milner and The CM to be 2 of Yaya/Nasri/Silva/Jovetic/ The CDM to be 1 of Dihno/Rodwell. The FB to be 2 of Micah/Zab and Clichy/Kolarov-- And the CDs always being Kompany and Nasty until we see what Demechelis offers.

We need to play a highline with designed pressure to trap the ball in corners and force a turnover or a hoofed clearance. Add the 6 second rule. With everyone always knowing what there role is at all times when we don't have the ball.

No more Yaya free loading. or Milner Freelancing, or One striker chasing around 4 defenders passing around him wasting energy. Every possession needs to be analyzed and how to best approach it determined.

I bet when Guardiola gets back, they'd analyze City's goal, what caused it, document what kind of possesion it was, what kind of defense should have been running, why there were 2 players there, who was outside the system, and what happenned to recovery from the initial error. Sure they'd grant Negredo his fantastic shot, but prior to the shot and the pass that he recieved lots of things could have been done.

These are the kind of detailed, minute by minute analysis I know for a fact Klopp does. Then they try to determine what tactic would have most efficiently disrupted that outcome and other similar outcomes, and then practice it for ours in there situational sessions.

Watching City and most Premiership teams, I don't get the sense they practice at this level of tactical preparation.

citymad said:
We will tested on the wings that's for sure. If it's not Baines then it'll be the impressive Coleman on the right. Martinez will have taken note of our poor performance tonight and look to put pressure on us early on. Expect them to try and play a pressing game using Barclay to mix it with our central two. We'll score a goal of two but well leak a couple aswell. 2-2 it is then and we maybe hanging on for that. Depressing.

They are well set up to expose the glaring weaknesses we have at present.

Its going to be a bumpy ride that is for sure.

If we concede first we are gone as we have no rear guard action at play and even if we score first its unlikely we will be able to keep the lead for long.

Their suspect defense is what we have going for us but we have to press for 96 minutes and sure up at the back.

Nasty has to be dropped. He is having sophomore seasonitis. He needs a short spell on the bench to regain his form back. Decision about hart is more difficult. Dropping him might crush his confidence and affect his whole season unless he is of strong character. Suggest sticking with him if it doesn't work out sell in jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.