City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jared said:
Nasty has to be dropped. He is having sophomore seasonitis. He needs a short spell on the bench to regain his form back. Decision about hart is more difficult. Dropping him might crush his confidence and affect his whole season unless he is of strong character. Suggest sticking with him if it doesn't work out sell in jan.

A spell on the sidelines might make him realise he should not be considered a walk up start each week irrespective of him form.

I don't think we will or should think of selling him given his age and what he has shown us in the past but he certainly needs a wake up call.

As for his character any hissie fitting as a result is not going to help his chances reclaiming the spot.

mancity1 said:
Eaglechief said:
Unfortunately our idiot manager will persist with the formation that has brought us such "entertaining" and "attacking" football all season.

Therefore we will lose this game 1-2 or at best sneak a draw 1-1.

Martinez is a more astute manager than the hapless idiot we have.

We've gone from being a team that believed it could win any game, to a team that is just hoping it can win now.

Pelligrini has done a marvellous job of lowering all our expectations.

I am a bit like you eagle , I am very disappointed in our performances and results so far and that's putting it mildly.

I am not into the excuses regarding players needing time to jell , new manager , new systems , etc.

We have assembled an expensive squad full of walk up start internationals with two years experience in the chumps league and a side that in the main should be asserting itself on the scoreboard against the sides we have played away from home this year without conceding 3 goals a game FFS.

We need a minimum of 14 points over our next six games in the premiership and 4 points against CSKA to convince me that we are not as bad I think we are becoming.

That has to be the minimum target for us now.
You are fast becoming the forum bore why the hell do you need to keep saying the same thing over and over again, every thread it's the same thing just give it a rest for today we know how you feel we are all a bit down about last night but you seem to be taking some perverse pleasure in rubbing our noses in ir

Pants in for Hart
Lescott for Nasty
Jovetic to start

Please.

Reckon we'll get them 2-0.

I know f*** all about modern football coaching, but some things seem pretty obvious:

- We will already be starting physically and mentally tired and if we don't make changes in the system, we will give Everton a lot of possession, compounding the situation. We seem to have gone from a team with no width to no center!

- I think Nasty is being unfairly criticised. Other than Clichy's bollock drop, and Hart's glass hands, the defence wasn't to blame. The system was. For the Robben goal Nasty did what was needed. Hart should not be beaten on the near post like that, by Robben on his weaker side.

- Hart already has confidence problems, especially with crosses. Give Panty a game and let Joe come back when the pressure is less and after a spell contemplating life on the bench.

- Pellegrini may have agreed to have his hands tied in the way he sets out the team. Left to his own devices, he is surely not this bad!!!! I believe it will come out in the wash before long.

Lets hope City can bounce back otherwise we will have a big problem in morale, and a gap to the top.

Tiredness wont be an issue as we have players like Zab, Kolarov, Milner to come in, and Negredo and Aguero did not play full games.

I'll be surprised if Navas starts after he played for 90 mins though

Ducado said:
mancity1 said:
Eaglechief said:
Unfortunately our idiot manager will persist with the formation that has brought us such "entertaining" and "attacking" football all season.

Therefore we will lose this game 1-2 or at best sneak a draw 1-1.

Martinez is a more astute manager than the hapless idiot we have.

We've gone from being a team that believed it could win any game, to a team that is just hoping it can win now.

Pelligrini has done a marvellous job of lowering all our expectations.

I am a bit like you eagle , I am very disappointed in our performances and results so far and that's putting it mildly.

I am not into the excuses regarding players needing time to jell , new manager , new systems , etc.

We have assembled an expensive squad full of walk up start internationals with two years experience in the chumps league and a side that in the main should be asserting itself on the scoreboard against the sides we have played away from home this year without conceding 3 goals a game FFS.

We need a minimum of 14 points over our next six games in the premiership and 4 points against CSKA to convince me that we are not as bad I think we are becoming.

That has to be the minimum target for us now.
You are fast becoming the forum bore why the hell do you need to keep saying the same thing over and over again, every thread it's the same thing just give it a rest for today we know how you feel we are all a bit down about last night but you seem to be taking some perverse pleasure in rubbing our noses in ir

You bore me by telling me the same thing each time you troll me for the hell of it Ducado.

These posts of yours should be directed to someone who cares ie no one.

How about you pm me in future if you have something of note to tell me.

Team to start?

Pantillimon
Zaba
Vinnie
Lescott
Clichy
Rodwell
Yaya
Silva
Jovetic or Sergio
Milner
Negredo

Fernandinho needs a rest, as does Nastasic, Joe needs to regain his form, only a win will do

It will be a decent game to get back on the winning trail, everton are punching above their weight for the players they can put on the pitch. They may be unbeaten but they've been anything but convincing throughout. can see city tonking them 3 - 0 and get a much needed morale boosting win.

---------------Panti------------
Zaba---Kompany-Lescott---Clichy
-------------Fernan-------------
--------------Yaya--------------
Milner-----------------------Silva
----------Kun-----Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.