City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to make some changes across the whole team to send a message to those who exepct to play week in week out , too many in midfield gave up chasing back against Cardiff. especially second half once they got more possession. This is Hull we are playing , if we cant beat them with a squad team mad eup of our top 18 players the god help us. I'd drop YaYa for at least one game but I am sure his contract does not allow this , he is never dropped , even when off form and tired laast season.

I would go for :

---- Pants ( why not??)----

Zabby- Nasty- Lescott- Kolarov

Navas-YaYa-Silva- Milner

Aguero- Negredo

And if fit I would try to find a place for Jovetic eiter starting or on the bench. We will need a big squad all playing their part this season , especially if we expect to do anything in the CL and FA Cup again. Currently we fall to pieces because our two best central defenders are injured. Lets shake up Hart, Clichy, Fernandhio, and give Dzeko a rest ( but dont want him to lose confidence ) .

Would like to see Rodwell and Negredo start, expecting a reaction after sunday and hoping for a comfortable win.

Clearly we had a bad day at the office last time out in terms of the defence, so need a big and positive reaction to that. Will be interesting to see if there are any changes made or if he gives the same lot a chance to put right what went wrong last time out. Although it's "only" Hull (and it's bloody dangerous to underestimate any team in the Prem) you'd still want to see a big turn around from Sunday.

I always thought Cardiff would be tough but I think we will tear hull apart. Especially after Sunday's result. I can see another 4-0 here. We need that positive vibe again. Come on city!

All I know is this:

Agains teams that park the bus (Hull probably too) we HAVE TO consider starting Dzeko AND Negredo up front (or at least playing them together some significant time).

1. Against such teams you HAVE TO play wide and send crosses in (which is not something where Aguero is really effective).
2. Any pairing with Aguero against such teams results in the other guy being double covered in the box (see Cardiff) and doesnt give us sufficient targets.
3. Aguero-type players are hardly gonna be walking in the net with the ball when teams are defending the middle with 10 people. In such games you need speed on the outside and bullying in the middle moreso than creativity.

It happened soooo many times last year. It happened again on Sunday...Dzeko/Negredo were double covered and Aguero was too far out.
I dont think it's really THAT complicated, and City DO have personnel to break down such teams.

EaglesFan said:
All I know is this:

Agains teams that park the bus (Hull probably too) we HAVE TO consider starting Dzeko AND Negredo up front (or at least playing them together some significant time).

1. Against such teams you HAVE TO play wide and send crosses in (which is not something where Aguero is really effective).
2. Any pairing with Aguero against such teams results in the other guy being double covered in the box (see Cardiff) and doesnt give us sufficient targets.
3. Aguero-type players are hardly gonna be walking in the net with the ball when teams are defending the middle with 10 people. In such games you need speed on the outside and bullying in the middle moreso than creativity.

It happened soooo many times last year. It happened again on Sunday...Dzeko/Negredo were double covered and Aguero was too far out.
I dont think it's really THAT complicated, and City DO have personnel to break down such teams.
I actually agree with you as it makes sense in theory but Kun won't be getting dropped for many games, I'm afraid.

I definitely would like us to try this at an away ground that's likely to park the bus and be physical like Stoke.

I live in Norfolk, so I watched some of the Hull v Norwich game in the pub down here on Saturday - Hull looked clueless against Norwich. They posed no threat at all up to getting their penaltyafter about 25 minutes, from which they won the game. They got a couple of crosses in from the right hand side, but there was nobody in the box at all to challenge. They will definitely be parking the bus - that's what they did at home against Norwich! Just hope we break them down sooner rather than later.

the blue panther said:
I live in Norfolk, so I watched some of the Hull v Norwich game in the pub down here on Saturday - Hull looked clueless against Norwich. They posed no threat at all up to getting their penaltyafter about 25 minutes, from which they won the game. They got a couple of crosses in from the right hand side, but there was nobody in the box at all to challenge. They will definitely be parking the bus - that's what they did at home against Norwich! Just hope we break them down sooner rather than later.

We'll no doubt have the whistling wanker wagging a finger at the Hull goalkeeper taking five minutes over each goal kick in the sure hope that a pen at the other end will determine the outcome! We need a couple of goals early on. Summat like the Phil Brown Boxing Day Bonanza would be nice!

EaglesFan said:
All I know is this:

Yep. And at home against this sort of opposition we should start Kolarov (unless they have a particularly dangerous threat down the right who could break quickly against us) and Richards when available too, really try and put them under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.