City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get anything positive from this game other than a big boost to our goal difference?
We can get plenty of negative stuff if we draw or lose, but Hull are another newly promoted side and City, as runners up last season, can't see picking up three points at home as particularly exhilarating.
Even winning at Stoke means bugger all as they'll finish below half way. It might bury a curse but it's a curse we should never have allowed to develop in the first place as our home record against them shows.

EaglesFan said:
All I know is this:

Agains teams that park the bus (Hull probably too) we HAVE TO consider starting Dzeko AND Negredo up front (or at least playing them together some significant time).

1. Against such teams you HAVE TO play wide and send crosses in (which is not something where Aguero is really effective).
2. Any pairing with Aguero against such teams results in the other guy being double covered in the box (see Cardiff) and doesnt give us sufficient targets.
3. Aguero-type players are hardly gonna be walking in the net with the ball when teams are defending the middle with 10 people. In such games you need speed on the outside and bullying in the middle moreso than creativity.

It happened soooo many times last year. It happened again on Sunday...Dzeko/Negredo were double covered and Aguero was too far out.
I dont think it's really THAT complicated, and City DO have personnel to break down such teams.

Totally agree with this actually!

SuperSilva said:
shockin-hocking said:
Phil Dowd appointed ref for Saturday

great ... how has the pie eater historically been when reffing us?
Don't know the stats; I can say though he has on more than one occasion pontificated that he really doesn't like City (from the safety of his local pub of course). My own experience of Dowd reffing City games though, has been that he has actually been alright in the main. That said, that is now the "commentator's curse" upon him so cue shocker on Saturday! :))

I would like to see the following formation:
Hart
Richards Nastasic Lescott
Navas Barry Milner Kolorov
Silva
Aguero Negredo

Drop Toure (Not performing) and Fernandinho (not at the races yet), using Navas and Kolorov basically as wing backs supporting the back three when defending. Barry and Milner would give 100% comittment in midfield and make certain the opposition knew they were in for a hard 90 minutes. Silva can move up to assist the two front men and Aguero can drop back to help Silva. With Navas and Kolorov out wide then Negredo (great header of a ball) would get excellent service.

Garcia not good enough and Dzeko does not get stuck in enough for my liking also think Zaba could do with a rest.

I don't see any reason whatsoever to drop Yaya or Fernandinho for Hull at home. They were both excellent against Newcastle and Hull will not present us many problems in midfield. It's away from home against pressing teams where we should consider the midfield. And rather than dropping either, I'd be looking to add a third man (maybe Rodwell or Barry if he can be located) for extra steel while allowing one of the two adventurous midfielders (Yaya/Fernandinho) to push forward so we don't sacrifice too much attacking play by adding a third CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.