City Vs Liverpool Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RAWK.... they fancy their chances

Impeccable said:
eshiers1 said:
lets not underestimate them ourselves...they've some very handy players

In no way am I underestimating them. Hence why I'm not saying we'll do this, or do that.

I don't think they realise we have the best defence in the league.

good!

i do think we'll win, but i'd be surprised if liverpool dont score, scored quite a lot of goals since the new year

Skashion said:
eshiers1 said:
We've lost once at home in the league in two years, to a last minute fluke as well. Anyone who comes to Fortress Etihad expectant of victory is clearly delusional. Their chances are not even close to 50/50. That doesn't mean there's zero chance of them winning but the odds are clearly in our favour, not theirs.

i dont disagree at all...but they did beat us last year in the cup (we were again without kompany and yoture)

They are playing well and are in some good form if we take our chances we will win comfortably but keep missing chances gives the opposition confidence to think it might just be "there" day..

They've surely got a chance, we just drew fucking QPR. Plus they've got Sturridge who will surely be up for it as he usually seems to be against us.

But Etihad has been a tough nut for most teams.

RM has been much too cautious lately (for my money) and needs to tweak his line-up a little, and he needs to start bringing on subs at the start of the second half when needed to change the game. If City are within 5 points by derby day then we can still win the title imho. This will be a tricky game at Liverpool on Sunday; with City desperate to make up lost ground on United, with Liverpool also desperate to stay in the chase for a European spot. On Tuesday we played reasonably well, but just need to find our shooting boots. So with Vinny still injured I would start with;
Hart,
Zaba Nasty, Lescott, Clichy,
Milner, Garcia, Barry, Silva,
Dzeko, Aguero.

For a game like this we must ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK so if we are level or behind at half time, then RM should make changes for the start of the second half; bringing on Tevez upfront and Sinclair or Kolarov out wide to change the formation. With Nasri almost invisible recently I would be reluctant to play him on Sunday.

Skashion said:
eshiers1 said:
We've lost once at home in the league in two years, to a last minute fluke as well. Anyone who comes to Fortress Etihad expectant of victory is clearly delusional. Their chances are not even close to 50/50. That doesn't mean there's zero chance of them winning but the odds are clearly in our favour, not theirs.

Agreed.

Suarez is wasteful. Gerrard continues to lose power and accuracy (began to decline two years ago and continues, still bloody good though). Defensively at sixes and sevens. Sterling believes the hype but has a significant judgment issues. What else? Er, top class average overall imo. They could beat us, you have that right, but anyone, ANYONE that comes to Maine Road / COMS / Etihad these days EXPECTING to win has pooh for brains. You'd think they'd have the sense to believe they could get a draw and sneak a win. Alas. Scousers.

edit: re: Sterling, judgment - footballing.

I think they've got a better chance than some on here are admitting. Liverpool have played some great stuff this season - when they click they look like a top 4 side IMO. However, they are still prone to turning in the odd mediocre performance. Obviously I'm hoping that's what happens on Sunday but this is by no means an easy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.