City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluewhit seemed pretty confident Silva on bench and he's been bang on up to now
Sadly not, he updated saying he's not playing.

Would be a little surprised (& worried) to see Aguero start so maybe we'll be back to the Sevilla formation:

Hart
Sagna Otamendi Mangala Kolarov(Clichy)
Fernando
Navas Yaya Dinho KdB
Sterling

Hardly any good news other than that Aguero is back, but probably rusty and not fit to play 90 minutes. Hopefully he can do another "Chelsea-home-first-45 minutes".
Kompany out is tough to take. Otamendi and Mangala so far only exelled next to Kompany. Plus Kompany somehow gives the whole team a boost by his presence.
It's a tough call playing Fernandinho-Fernando behind Navas-KDB-Sterling, so no Yaya, or leave Fernando out and play Yaya. Aguero a certain starter with all the risk to it.
Hopefully we can scrape through this match again, take the 3 points no matter how we get them, and move on. Somewhere there has to be a moment we can play a fully fit Kompany-Yaya-Silva-KDB-Aguero for a couple of games ...

How much of a problem are Kompanys injuries becoming ? I also think Aguero will start he's been held back until 100% fit. Shame Silva isn't ready but it means we'll either have Yaya in the No 10 or De Bruyne in the No 10 with Sterling and Navas outwide. I think as Clichy has been fit for a few weeks he'll start aswell

Hardly any good news other than that Aguero is back, but probably rusty and not fit to play 90 minutes. Hopefully he can do another "Chelsea-home-first-45 minutes".
Kompany out is tough to take. Otamendi and Mangala so far only exelled next to Kompany. Plus Kompany somehow gives the whole team a boost by his presence.
It's a tough call playing Fernandinho-Fernando behind Navas-KDB-Sterling, so no Yaya, or leave Fernando out and play Yaya. Aguero a certain starter with all the risk to it.
Hopefully we can scrape through this match again, take the 3 points no matter how we get them, and move on. Somewhere there has to be a moment we can play a fully fit Kompany-Yaya-Silva-KDB-Aguero for a couple of games ...

If Toure is fit then Toure will be playing. That is almost as nailed on as you can get. Pellegrini always plays him if fit.

I don't see the Silva news as bad as some, it'd be a risk to play him so he's not far off, maybe some bench appearances leading up to his return. Kompany is a sore one again, so frustrating as he was getting himself back to his world's best. Aguero back is the saving grace, hopefully he's back with a bang.

Silva not playing isn't that bad news if De Bruyne plays as well a he can. Be good to see him in the middle and Sterling and Navas give us brilliant balance, pace and width. Kompany out is a blow but hopefully Mangala can step in and do ok whilst Otamendi seems to have settled now.

They will play a defensive 4-5-1 so i hope we dont play a Yaya and Dinho 2.
I would play:

Hart

Sagna Otamendi Mangala Kolarov

Fernando Yaya Fernandinho

Navas De Bruyne

Aguero

Sterling played twice for England and Navas will be fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.