City Vs Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

Superb....

Everyone played well and I thought had we stepped up a gear we could maybe have scored 10.

Norwich must be heading for the drop. They were dreadful.

What an enjoyable day it was, but a hell of a drive home in the wind and rain feel for the Norwich fans it's long way from Norfolk to Manchester

To be fair they were pretty poor and we were sublime which we know is a very dangerous combination

East Level 2 said:
Seven flattered Norwich such was our dominance and I thought I was about to see eight or nine in the top division for the first time. - I was at the 7-0 against Burnley in 68-69.
Fat Phil tried to spoil it with his inconsistent showing of the yellow card and interpretation of "advantage".
And Yaya now has four goals direct from free-kicks which might be some sort of record by the first weekend in November.
Someone I knew had a pound on 6-0 (at 33-1) and a pound on 7-0 (at 66-1) so he was quite nervous for the last few minutes.
Great display, pity we've returned to having a ninth rate singer murdering Blue Moon before the kick-off.
Let's beat CSKA and Sunderland to go into the international break on a mega- high.

I was at the 7-0 v Burnley too, in the Platt Lane stand. That's why I'm a tiny bit disappointed it wasn't eight.

Not much of a test for Panti or our centre half partnership,but what they did they did well...... Demichellis is calm and composed,maybe a bit much at times as a couple of his passes went array.......however he has good awareness and doesn't shirk the physical stuff,once he is fully up to speed I expect he will be an excellent partner to Vince.

Attacking wise we were superb,i realise Norwich are awful,however,alot of our movement and play was fantastic,Silva and Aguero are very special indeed.Yaya and Ferdy were very effective in their support,their understanding and cohesion growing each game.

To score seven against any Prem opposition is worthy of the highest praise,a great effort by all the players,their desire and will to win was eveident from the first to the last minute,huge credit to the players for that and also the boss - things are coming together very nicely.....!

Motm - Silva,by a whisker from Aguero.<br /><br />-- 02 Nov 2013 19:38 --<br /><br />
Ducado said:
I did feel a bit sorry for the Norwich fans, hardly heard a peep from them all afternoon

They were sat on their arses for a lot of it! fair play though for actually staying,it must have hurt today.

Think one of the biggest plusses at the moment is our fluidity in midfield although interestingly we look better with Nasri over navas. Early in season I've got to be honest, I thought we'd bought a dud in fernandinho and discussed it on here. But over the last 4 games he has looked a cracking player. Covers the ground quick, excellent passer, mops everything up and really gels with Yaya.

I'm still a bit concerned that the squad is short of a world class CB and a LB. If we are there or thereabouts in Jan hopefully we'll sign what we need and push on.

FantasyIreland said:
Not much of a test for Panti or our centre half partnership,but what they did they did well...... Demichellis is calm and composed,maybe a bit much at times as a couple of his passes went array.......however he has good awareness and doesn't shirk the physical stuff,once he is fully up to speed I expect he will be an excellent partner to Vince.

Attacking wise we were superb,i realise Norwich are awful,however,alot of our movement and play was fantastic,Silva and Aguero are very special indeed.Yaya and Ferdy were very effective in their support,their understanding and cohesion growing each game.

To score seven against any Prem opposition is worthy of the highest praise,a great effort by all the players,their desire and will to win was eveident from the first to the last minute,huge credit to the players for that and also the boss - things are coming together very nicely.....!

Motm - Silva,by a whisker from Aguero.

-- 02 Nov 2013 19:38 --

Ducado said:
I did feel a bit sorry for the Norwich fans, hardly heard a peep from them all afternoon

They were sat on their arses for a lot of it! fair play though for actually staying,it must have hurt today.

We are very lucky to have Silva and Aguero ( and others) playing at their best. Silva is a delight to watch with his great first touch,wonderful balance,superb passing ability etc etc. City were good today that much is obvious but not 7 nil good for me.

That came because Norwich were awful but we just got the run of the ball in key moments.The first has gone down as an OG,Nastasic header was an in off and before you know it the game is over.

More of the same on Tuesday in terms of the early goals please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.