City vs Palace - Post Match Thread

As expected no one had the brain power to look past the scoreline and actually read what I was saying.

I did. You said we were outplayed in virtually every aspect of the game, hence my sarcastic remark about MOTD as they too tried their best to give that view.

If you think we were outplayed ive not much i can actually say other than i completely and utterly disagree.

As expected no one had the brain power to look past the scoreline and actually read what I was saying.
We were poor for the first 23/30 minutes but finished the half well and we were struggling to get hold of the ball for the first 10 minutes of the second before YaYa came on.
After that we controlled the game and deservedly won comfortably. Palace weren't terrible by any stretch.
It is a slight concern how we often start home games so lethargically and the importance of getting the first goal is plain to see.
You were wrong to say we were largely outplayed though.

We played better v everton but not gonna grumble with the result! Sorry but we really missed yaya yesterday he controls games him and Fernando are the perfect combo

We were poor for the first 23/30 minutes but finished the half well and we were struggling to get hold of the ball for the first 10 minutes of the second before YaYa came on.
After that we controlled the game and deservedly won comfortably. Palace weren't terrible by any stretch.
It is a slight concern how we often start home games so lethargically and the importance of getting the first goal is plain to see.
You were wrong to say we were largely outplayed though.
Agree with you,i keep saying we need to start strongly and not amble about and concede early but rarely happens,,hopefully pep won't tolerate that

Two bits I particularly enjoyed yesterday both involved Silva. THe first saw Silva getting angry after having had his ankles rapped, then picking the same guy's pocket, and racing up the park to set up the third. The other was the Palace defender's attempt (Joe Ward?) to stop the fourth; he seemed to think Silva somehow might hit him instead if he could just levitate horizontally on the six-yard line.

Kun plays better with a strike partner, looked happier yesterday.
As NK has just pointed out it works with some work rate in midfield.

No work rate in the middle and it's one striker.

I did. You said we were outplayed in virtually every aspect of the game, hence my sarcastic remark about MOTD as they too tried their best to give that view.

If you think we were outplayed ive not much i can actually say other than i completely and utterly disagree.

I guess he means apart from having more possession, twice as many attempts and 4 goals?

Mind you I've watched us dominate both Watford and Everton lately and in both cases some clown on TV has said we were outplayed.

What this actually seems to mean is that they cut through us a couple of times, which never happens to other teams

I thought we let Everton have the ball and play in front of us in the first half on Wedss. only seen the highlights on match of the day and obviously we were bossed yesterday

I'm honestly in shock at the comments on here, I can't disagree more with most of them, that was boring rank average stuff today, no pace til the game was over as a contest, hardly any quality shown, kdb was poor, silva was poor, Fernando was poor, delph been talked about like Colin bell, truth is he was ok, the result was mint and 3 points all day long were accepted but that side and that type of performance will not win much this season, I promise you that. Sat in my seat genuinely bored stiff.

You'll catch plenty with that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kun plays better with a strike partner, looked happier yesterday.
As NK has just pointed out it works with some work rate in midfield.

No work rate in the middle and it's one striker.

I'm not sure he played better with a strike partner, though having a strike partner will obviously create more space for him.

Ultimately though it's what makes the team better that is more important and I thought our best play yesterday came when Toure came on and Aguero was playing up front on him own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.