City vs Palace - Post Match Thread

I'm honestly in shock at the comments on here, I can't disagree more with most of them, that was boring rank average stuff today, no pace til the game was over as a contest, hardly any quality shown, kdb was poor, silva was poor, Fernando was poor, delph been talked about like Colin bell, truth is he was ok, the result was mint and 3 points all day long were accepted but that side and that type of performance will not win much this season, I promise you that. Sat in my seat genuinely bored stiff.

In the Premier League you have to win the battle and the right to play which I think the first half team did. When we won the battle Yaya came on to add more flair. Some of the football when Yaya came on was superb and the Silva team goal brilliant. So often we don't win the battle first but today we did. Sure it wasn't pretty but the first half performance gave us a foothold in the game to play the better stuff second half. Thought the confidence started to return in that second half and just a little bit of that swagger that we have not seen for ages.

I'm sure most will disagree but I actually thought we were largely outplayed by Crystal Palace yesterday in every department apart from goal scoring. Obviously this is the only part of the game that matters in terms of getting the result but it's a worry how teams like Palace are calmer on the ball than we are and can formulate passing moves with more ease than us. Then again our midfield consisted of Delph and Fernando who if they were the midfield of a team in the relegation zone I doubt many would bat an eyelid so i'm not really surprised we didn't control the game. Having said that, you can't ask for more than a clean sheet, 4 goals and 3 points. I think we will just edge the league but I still think this summer is the right time for a change because our play has gone stale and I am rarely blown away by us like Pellegrini's first season in charge.

What a bizarre assessment of Delph. Did you not see him spinning away from tackles, dribbling players and playing neat through balls? Did you not see his assists in the Norwich game, which were worldies in my opinion. He is a very skillful player, even if he is English.

Yaya is more skillful than Fabulous Delph, and that is not to say that Delph is skill-less. The point I was making was that there is far more energy in Delph's play, and he also has a little more 'youth' on his side. I would like to see someone with the energy of Delph and the undoubted class of Yaya. Nothing bizarre in that!

I'm sure most will disagree but I actually thought we were largely outplayed by Crystal Palace yesterday in every department apart from goal scoring. Obviously this is the only part of the game that matters in terms of getting the result but it's a worry how teams like Palace are calmer on the ball than we are and can formulate passing moves with more ease than us. Then again our midfield consisted of Delph and Fernando who if they were the midfield of a team in the relegation zone I doubt many would bat an eyelid so i'm not really surprised we didn't control the game. Having said that, you can't ask for more than a clean sheet, 4 goals and 3 points. I think we will just edge the league but I still think this summer is the right time for a change because our play has gone stale and I am rarely blown away by us like Pellegrini's first season in charge.
I am not sure about most but I disagree. No need to explain how, just take your points and assume I think the opposite.

Pardew, stay off the forums—it'll just make you even more insufferable!

Largely outplayed in a game we won 4-0

?

Are you an editor for MOTD?

Largely outplayed in a game we won 4-0

?
Sounds a daft statement on the face of it and even after reading it twice. But the truth is that after 20 minutes Palace could have been two up and the Etihad (and this site) in uproar but for a bad finish and a good save by Hart. Funny game, football, because then their goalkeeper's mistake and a deflection off a defender put City two up instead. I thought City looked faster and more determined in the second half against Everton last week when Howard (again) stopped City winning by three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.