City vs Plastic Scum FC - Official Match Thread

Blue Si said:
BigBarry said:
Are you kidding me?

We had more of a go at them with the goat leading the offense.

If you think tonight was anything but pitiful and embarrassing, you need your head looking at.

You think City were "pitiful & embarrassing" tonight........really?......you really think that?

What a fucking clown!!

Turtling up defensively against those rag cunts, yes.

We ran scared and settled for a draw at home against the likes of fucking Park.

Thats whats embarrassing. Even bringing Ade on at the end to waste fucking time.

Shameful.

I was pissed off by the midfield chess game and the resultant draw (I wanted 4-0) but we've secured a point where we got no points last season and the rags have 2 points less than they got from the same fixture last year.
Not an exciting attacking game? Well yes, but please note that the rags set themselves up to defend against our strengths tonight whereas in all recent derby games they've been more offensive and we've done the business on the break in the main - makes for a watchable end to end game virtue of their lack of respect.
Tonight was different because they fear us and that's the real difference. Give it a few more months for our newly formed squad to get it together ' team wise' and we'll be at yet another level - I can see us getting all 3 points at the swamp and I'm not downhearted . . more the case that I wanted the win (too f#ckin' right) I'm quietly chuffed that the swamprags have started playing against us in the same manner they'd approach a full strength chelsea side by putting 10 men behind the ball when out of possesion.
This is a new era where the top european sides will defend deep against us and some games will be a tactical midfield battle. Should I weep for that - not on your nelly.
Having had a hard fought win against a WBA side that hadn't lost at home for ages in mid-week, followed by a game against a rag side that had rested it's best for the fixture, I weasn't too down that we looked a bit jaded but give it a few months and we'll be slicker and quicker and we'll have Balotelli settled into prem footie too.
Tonight was boring in some respects but it was a clear sign of progress and we have a point we didn't have last season with promise of better to come.
Birmingham at weekend will be as important to us as this was tonight and I'll be there giving my support like a true blue . . . the rags might withdraw their support when the sun ain't fully out but we blues are made of sterner stuff and as added bonus . . we're on the up.
PS. Did anyone else notice how subdued the rag fans were tonight? Scunthorpe were louder!<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 am --<br /><br />Well, as my little bark from the pulpit didn't drag any response from the 'vocal minority glass half full brigade' I'll go get myself off to bed to sleep the sweet sleep of the half-chuffed with full chuftness in mind.
After having followed the blues actively since 1968 and having been through those many years of tormentI quite honestly feel blessed that we're where we're at doing what we're doing now. It's like karma actually works of something. It's good, embrace it and please don't get negative at every hiccup like the disloyal rag fans do. We're better than that - we're City (from Main Road), 34 years (and we're still here). . . sing it and believe it and if you must get negative do it at the end of the season . . not now for f#cks sake 'cos we're only a quarter of the way through the season.

Arsenal fan here,

Watched your match tonight and thought Mancini was very stubborn in his approach, the Italian was thinking more about himself and his personal battle with Ferguson than the team itself which isn't a rare thing to do in Italy - I see this particually in the Adebayor decision.

As you'd expect the team was very solid from the back but I did notice Kolo Toure doesn't have the freedom to bring the ball out from the back anymore? I would have have this could of been vital in breaking up Manchester United's mechanical midfield by creating a little confusion adding an extra man in there - he was very good at it with us.

It was a very tactical game and few chances to be made but I would be concerend about the lack of support for Carlos Tevez, I think it's fine when your wingers cut in from the flanks playing in and around the box you look dangerous, but it doesn't happen enough as the wide men are not sure when they should be playing as wingers and when they shouldn't but this will come in time.

Full backs were very reluctant to go forward, De Jong had an excellent first half but he sort of went missing there after partically in the spell when United were really on top of poession and he probably tries too hard to be everywhere.

Gareth Barry had a fine game though.

Workforce said:
Arsenal fan here,

Watched your match tonight and thought Mancini was very stubborn in his approach, the Italian was thinking more about himself and his personal battle with Ferguson than the team itself which isn't a rare thing to do in Italy - I see this particually in the Adebayor decision.

As you'd expect the team was very solid from the back but I did notice Kolo Toure doesn't have the freedom to bring the ball out from the back anymore? I would have have this could of been vital in breaking up Manchester United's mechanical midfield by creating a little confusion adding an extra man in there - he was very good at it with us.

It was a very tactical game and few chances to be made but I would be concerend about the lack of support for Carlos Tevez, I think it's fine when your wingers cut in from the flanks playing in and around the box you look dangerous, but it doesn't happen enough as the wide men are not sure when they should be playing as wingers and when they shouldn't but this will come in time.

Full backs were very reluctant to go forward, De Jong had an excellent first half but he sort of went missing there after partically in the spell when United were really on top of poession and he probably tries too hard to be everywhere.

Gareth Barry had a fine game though.

Well hats off to Mr Arsenal - not often that I see a sensible and reasoned view from an visitor. Can't say that I agree with every single word but I'm with the gist and salute you as someone who can give a fair, measured and thoughtful viewpoint.

BigBarry said:
Blue Si said:
You think City were "pitiful & embarrassing" tonight........really?......you really think that?

What a fucking clown!!

Turtling up defensively against those rag *****, yes.

We ran scared and settled for a draw at home against the likes of fucking Park.

Thats whats embarrassing. Even bringing Ade on at the end to waste fucking time.

Shameful.

I smell a rag.

chase of spades said:
HellasLEAF said:
disappointed. at home, our team is good enough to really push for the victory and I feel the team still doesn't have the confidence in the 2nd half to take the game to united. We will lose at Trafford for sure.
Well we didnt lose tonight so cheer the eff up!

Jesus

yeah come on, feel happy. We lost x3 to Utd last season and won 1.
A draw is not perfect but a much better result than losing. Our defence looks solid and doesn't make me cover my eyes all the time :)

That was the worst I've ever seen Yaya and Milner play, and Barry was also awful, how two of them managed to not get subbed is beyond me.

Sky Blue said:
simon23 said:
still think ade should be replacing milner

ew have basically replaced balo (real goal threat) with a hard working but limited goal threat of a player (milner)....just hope tev and silva dont end up too isolated

utd's midfield have all got goals in them fletcher, nani, and scholes and park (maybe besides carrick)...ours hasnt really got goals in them at all

just think we are selling ourselves short again with that line up.

Yawn....

was that yawn aimed at the game because exactly what i said would happen did!

I dont get it after all these years we play the rags match them all night and some arent happy. We have played all the top sides now and apart from the Arsenal 10 men game not lost or concided a goal (Rags, Chelski, Bin Dippers, Spurs). We look very hard to beat and now have a platform to build on. Its called progress if we want to win things its how it has to be.

We are moving forward and Mancini at least has a plan and for all the muppets who slag him off he is a winner perhaps that why you dont get him.

What does barry do? when at villa he would get 12+ goals a season with us he cant cross, cant score and for most games is invisible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.