City Vs QPR Post match Thread

As much as I hated him as a player City are lacking the hunger of a Roy Keane. Somebody who doesn’t see last season as the beginning of a long journey, but rather as the end of the beginning of a glorious future.
Keane would have hated the light hearted attitude of some of City’s players. Hart and Kompany in particular are strolling through the early games with 90% effort.
Although Tevez played well his normal game is to follow the ball with almost schoolboy indiscipline. Consequently he will never form a proper strike partnership and will always be more effective as a lone striker with Yaya just behind. I know that he crossed for the Dzeko goal, but on more than one occasion he was overalapping Kolarov when he should have been in the middle eunning to the far post with Dzeko coming short.
Rodwell is a tidy, but unspectacular player and his main problem is that City are playing a completely different formation to last season when we dominated midfield possession with an extra holding player.
On Saturday we kept losing the ball cheaply (Silva being the biggest culprit) and were too often exposed to a speedy counter attack.

Rewatching the game right now, and was listening to the commentator for the Fox Soccer Broadcast. British guy, and he has the audacity to say, "yea, it wsa a shame to see Mark Hughes go, he was building something here (city), instead Mancini gets to reap the rewards of Marks work". Holy hell. Are people seriously that blind and stupid. I DON'T GET IT?!

unlikelyfan19 said:
Rewatching the game right now, and was listening to the commentator for the Fox Soccer Broadcast. British guy, and he has the audacity to say, "yea, it wsa a shame to see Mark Hughes go, he was building something here (city), instead Mancini gets to reap the rewards of Marks work". Holy hell. Are people seriously that blind and stupid. I DON'T GET IT?!

I heard that,without Marks work we would have gotten further faster.

unlikelyfan19 said:

yes i heard that , i would of liked hughes to do well for a couple of reasons one of which was probably because it would of been an ultimate kick in the teeth for rags if one of their heroes had led us onto' knocking them off their perch',the other reason was a more personal one , but to credit hughes with any success mancini has achieved is almost ridiculous .

richards30 said:
ABU inc GDR said:
Good 3 points although much to nervy, missed Aguero's finishing and runs into space, no complaints about Dzeko effort but it's all a bit static with him up front. Got no chance of a counter as he slows the ball up in possession and passes backwards.

Kolorov not at his game, poor challenges, passing and crossing. Cliche in.

David Silva having a strop in front of Mourinho, don't expect his contract to be signed any day soon!
Something not right with silva at the minute. Has his head been turned?

Seemed to make a special effort to clap the fans though, as if he regretted the little strop.

Yaya_Tony said:
ChezGaz said:
Really simple. Every side we pick with clichy in it we are, and do look like, champions. Every side we pick with kolo near the team and Kolarov in it we aren't that same team. Really really simple
It's not quite that simple, at all. Just so you know.

It is!

Neil McNab said:
ChezGaz said:
As good as he is we look more fluent and dangerous with tevez out the team. Tevez slows the play down and allows their defence to regroup sometimes whereas dzeko/aguero takes one less touch and are more direct with one touch passing
Couldn't agree less, what a load of nonsensical waffle!

Too used to watching city in the 80s mate

ChezGaz said:
Yaya_Tony said:
ChezGaz said:
Really simple. Every side we pick with clichy in it we are, and do look like, champions. Every side we pick with kolo near the team and Kolarov in it we aren't that same team. Really really simple
It's not quite that simple, at all. Just so you know.

It is!
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/17/squad-sheets-manchester-city-southampton?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... NETTXT3487</a>

I think a lot of people are underestimating the fact that Silva knows hes out of form.

This is a man that could thread the needle of DNA last year and he's finding it a bit tougher this year. He will come back into form. Hes not Ronaldo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.