City Vs QPR Post match Thread

ono said:
Silva was brilliant at times. Looked back to his old self. Hope his contract gets sorted soon

Hopefully the new CEO will sort this out. Whilst i recognise Mancini is good Football Manager and a proven winner - his man management is questionable. Silva was enjoying himself and returning to form on Saturday, he clearly didn't want to come off. If you've got a player uncertain about signing a new contract why take him off when he is on fire and wanting the ball? - Just another minor moan - when 45,000 give a player a standing ovation as he walks off, would it hurt for the manager to say well done, shake his hand or pat him on the back?
I fear another De Jong situation.

GaudinoMotors said:
ono said:
Silva was brilliant at times. Looked back to his old self. Hope his contract gets sorted soon

Hopefully the new CEO will sort this out. Whilst i recognise Mancini is good Football Manager and a proven winner - his man management is questionable. Silva was enjoying himself and returning to form on Saturday, he clearly didn't want to come off. If you've got a player uncertain about signing a new contract why take him off when he is on fire and wanting the ball? - Just another minor moan - when 45,000 give a player a standing ovation as he walks off, would it hurt for the manager to say well done, shake his hand or pat him on the back?

think he was taken off to bring milner on to give Kolo some support - not because of his performance, which I thought was excellent.

who knows what goes on in the background - perhaps he was part of the "megadeal" negotiations to bring Messi or ronaldo here, though it all fell away...etc?

anyway, get the bloody deal signed and get on with it!! -

Big Dave Watson said:
Three points (no pun intended) on todays game :

1) If we took the early chances nobody would be complaining about the peformance. Mancini often comments on the inability to put teams away in his after match interview. I put it down to early season start up and missing Aguero.

2) To those complaining about the defence, it is the first time we have played with the original flat back four this season so it will come right.3) I said this last week but got no reaction............I honestly believe that Hart is not fully fit.

Didn't look anything like a flat back 4 to me.

My complaint with us off the ball in gebneral is the almost total lack of pressing / tackling

dom said:
Big Dave Watson said:

1) If we took the early chances nobody would be complaining about the peformance. Mancini often comments on the inability to put teams away in his after match interview. I put it down to early season start up and missing Aguero.

2) To those complaining about the defence, it is the first time we have played with the original flat back four this season so it will come right.3) I said this last week but got no reaction............I honestly believe that Hart is not fully fit.

My complaint with us off the ball in gebneral is the almost total lack of pressing / tackling
The only player that consistenly pressed was Rodwell. This in itself was a problem, since if one player presses and nobody else can be arsed, it leaves gigantic gaps in midfield that Yaya Toure had no interest in plugging. If nobody else wants to press, Rodwell shouldn't do either, for the good of the team as a whole. Either press together or don't press at all.

Tricky_Trev said:
dom said:
Big Dave Watson said:

The only player that consistenly pressed was Rodwell. This in itself was a problem, since if one player presses and nobody else can be arsed, it leaves gigantic gaps in midfield that Yaya Toure had no interest in plugging. If nobody else wants to press, Rodwell shouldn't do either, for the good of the team as a whole. Either press together or don't press at all.

Understand what you're saying , bud but...
What's the logic in not pressing at all??? Is this continental thing?? Don't see Barca failing to press.. so where is it from???
I just don't get this shuffling backwards, giving them loads of time on the ball business.

BTW I thought Nasri did a bit of tackling on Saturday, too

Re: Silva - I believe he's happy here but look he is a Spaniard and won't feel like his career is complete until he'll play for Real or Barca IMO. Will be 27 in January... And I won't blame him.

I'm expecting to be called a rag over this, but whatever...

Watching our performances this season (and some of last), if we play the way we do - passing it along the back line, then forward a bit, then back to the back line - we are going to get absolutely mullahed by Real whether at their place or ours...they have the players who will show up our defensive shortcomings and will hit us on the break time and again. We have started the season very sluggishly for a number of reasons and have only started playing when the opposition have scored...Real have now mastered how to play Barca by pressing them when they have it at the back, forcing them into errors and hitting them on the break with speed...

I am hoping that our new signings are up to the task and they will need time to gel but I am expecting Mancini to put on an "Arsenal away" performance to stop them scoring, at least in the away leg...we do have the players to hurt them, but our defence needs sorting out...

Sorry to sound so despondent, but hey...that is what the forum is for eh?? opinions...

I thought we were a little complacent with our chances and a bit sloppy at the back but surely that's to be expected for the first few games in the season? We got the 3 points and won 3-1 so at the end of the day I don't really have any complaints.

We're only going to get better.

Delboy352 said:
I'm expecting to be called a rag over this, but whatever...

Watching our performances this season (and some of last), if we play the way we do - passing it along the back line, then forward a bit, then back to the back line - we are going to get absolutely mullahed by Real whether at their place or ours...they have the players who will show up our defensive shortcomings and will hit us on the break time and again. We have started the season very sluggishly for a number of reasons and have only started playing when the opposition have scored...Real have now mastered how to play Barca by pressing them when they have it at the back, forcing them into errors and hitting them on the break with speed...

I am hoping that our new signings are up to the task and they will need time to gel but I am expecting Mancini to put on an "Arsenal away" performance to stop them scoring, at least in the away leg...we do have the players to hurt them, but our defence needs sorting out...

Sorry to sound so despondent, but hey...that is what the forum is for eh?? opinions...
Nah i agree with you mate.

york away to this! said:
GaudinoMotors said:
ono said:

think he was taken off to bring milner on to give Kolo some support - not because of his performance, which I thought was excellent.

who knows what goes on in the background - perhaps he was part of the "megadeal" negotiations to bring Messi or ronaldo here, though it all fell away...etc?

anyway, get the bloody deal signed and get on with it!! -
He was taken off because he's still getting to match fitness. It's always Mancini's pattern. Look at how he subbed Kun during the front part of last season all the time. The moment Kolo came on, it was par for the course that Milner would soon be introduced for Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.