City Vs QPR Post match Thread

Blue2112 said:
Getting fed up with this mysterious phenomenon which has carried on from last season of opposing teams scoring with their usual one clear cut chance per game. I can't remember Southampton having any other shots apart from the two they scored, similarly Liverpool and again yesterday QPR had a couple of softer attempts before bagging the obligatory goal. On the other hand we're carving out chance after chance with some sublime football and are still failing to convert them. A couple of clinical finishes yesterday and we'd have had a couple of goals of the month. Honestly believe if we click fully into gear then we can have this title wrapped up in April.

Omg josh no more early predictions please lol!! I remember that post last year where you took a big gulp and commited yourself to saying we'll definitely going win it. Thankfully you were right but I was waiting in the wings to have a go at you for getting me too excited lol!!!

citymad said:
Blue2112 said:
Getting fed up with this mysterious phenomenon which has carried on from last season of opposing teams scoring with their usual one clear cut chance per game. I can't remember Southampton having any other shots apart from the two they scored, similarly Liverpool and again yesterday QPR had a couple of softer attempts before bagging the obligatory goal. On the other hand we're carving out chance after chance with some sublime football and are still failing to convert them. A couple of clinical finishes yesterday and we'd have had a couple of goals of the month. Honestly believe if we click fully into gear then we can have this title wrapped up in April.

Omg josh no more early predictions please lol!! I remember that post last year where you took a big gulp and commited yourself to saying we'll definitely going win it. Thankfully you were right but I was waiting in the wings to have a go at you for getting me too excited lol!!!

Haha yes that prediction came after the Newcastle home game in November and in particular the performance of Yaya who I thought was immense, how can a team with him in their ranks not win the title? That Newcastle game was the first game I had ever seen a Manchester City team be able to move up and down the gears whenever they chose to, it was very surreal to notice it and the squads capability to do it today is all the more evident.

what was that song that we were singing yesterday that ends with 'when sergio scored'?

sounded really good

Pics and comments from the QPR game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citsep12.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citsep12.htm</a>

lionheart said:
Some good news is that Borussia Dortmund are also struggling at present. Only won their first home game with a very late winner and were held to a draw at Nurnberg (sic) the other day. They are evidently missing that Japanese ****.

No, they are not.
Please stop so desperately selling Kagawa on our forum. It's really disturbing, and odd.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's not clear the actual cause for it is, but we currently transmit a clear sense of unnecessary panic from our defenders when the opposition come forward?

It doesn't even need to be what I would deem imminent danger, just a desperation to either jump early into the tackle or an uncertainty when to come out.

We appear short, even overrun.

Kompany has again started the season slowly and I wish he would trust himself a little more with a quicker ball out to his full-back, or in to midfield, rather than the easy option to Joleon, who, for all his qualities, is the least comfortable in the team when in possession.

It generally reverts to type and a short passage of play back to Hart, just what the opposition wants.

Thought Rodwell looked a class act but the return of Barry should bring a noticeable difference.

Would love to see Nasri coming much deeper for the ball to instigate the momentum, rather than the onus on Yaya all the time.

Three points, and thankfully, we still have another three gears in our locker, which is more than the majority of teams.

Its interesting watching the tempo of the game compared to other teams. The play out of the back is very measured, if not slow, with a number of passes back and forwards and across the park. We need to be very careful about this in Madrid because I imagine they will apply the full court press and try and dispossess us as we play out of the back. I don't think we will have the luxury of slowly playing the ball out. I agree with the above comment in that we need to be more adventurous coming out of the back and play at a faster tempo all over the park. Must agree Rodwell is a future star and it will be interesting to see Garcia's style of play. Barry is also sorely missed, as well as Kun. There is enormous improvement coming and I detected this in Silva's game. I thought there were glimpses of the real Merlin (but I am not sure about the scowl when he came off!)

we crumbled once zabba was taken off and the lumbering Kolo came on.

so much so that we very quickly had to take off silva and bring milner on to fall back and protect him.

why was zabba substituted?......

Got a knock apparently.

Kolo is a good stone away from match fitness, and the RB role might be a bit too demanding for him physically. Excited to see Maicon here, has the attacking ability of Richards combined with the crossing of Valencia. Got 24 assists in the past 3 years, not bad for a right back. He's tailed off a bit recently, hope efully Mancini can get him back to his best.

Regarding what Tolm said about Kompany, he does seem to have started a little slow again. Thosem direct balls to the strikers have gone, and I'm pleased as he seemed to give the ball away more than not. Perhaps Garcia can be used in that quarterback/deep lying playmaker role? Haven't seen much of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.