City Vs QPR The Final Game Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 11 May 1968, Louis Armstrong was at number one with 'What a Wonderful World'

In few hrs it will be the most wonderful world ever!!

legolas said:
Hi there.

New member, long time lurker. I've been a City supporter since way back in the sixties. Used to live down south and go watch the lads when they played at Southampton in the days of Channon and Davies. Saw Marsh, Lee, Bell, Buzzer, Corrigan, Book and the rest of those great early 70's teams players.

This team is more than worthy of them.

Waited so long, through all those dark, terrible, surely-things-can't-get-any-worse-oh-shit, years. Waited so long for this day and we're not going to slip up now.
Welcome to the mad house

Re: kick off time

Catzilla said:
True, the rags match will finish at 6... A similar story to the premier league 20 seasons 4-3 match in 2009 when Owen scored 26 minutes into stoppage time ;-)

Voted best PL match ever on football focus that.
D:

fucking fergie time.

MCFC BOB said:
My stomach feels like baked beans in a pan. The nerves have gripped me once and for all and they're not going to let go until we either win or go 4-0 up in the last ten minutes. All my life I've waited for something like this, and any City fan younger than 44 has too. I don't give a shit about any other team today - no not even Newcastle, who I really want to get fourth even if it does look unlikely. Today, for me, could be Manchester City's day. Our chance to win two major trophies within a calendar year for the first time in nearly half a century. QPR stand in our way.

I've been on the verge of tears remembering some of the dross I used to watch at City, and how it's been replaced by some of the best football on the planet. Claudio Reyna and Joey Barton have turned into Yaya Toure and Gareth Barry, Giorgious Samaras and Bernardo Corradi have turned into Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero and Richard Dunne and Sylvain Distin have turned into Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott who are arguably the best CB pairing in the world right now.

We've come a long way, so let's go one baby step further to something monumentous. Today could be the start of something very, very big.

This. Plus............. Dear City, I have suffered 40+ years of abuse from the Scum and my Dipper family. Wembley 99 and Ewood park (in Blackburn Directors box next to Carl Foggarty - God did he get an earbashing! :-)) are my two best ever days as a City fan. Please, please, please one more home win! Got to go now, welling up, I love you very much xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.