City Vs QPR The Final Game Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just put this as my facebook status and thought you lads might like to read it too:

Today could be the day. The day we complete a 13 year-long comeback from the dead. A comeback which started when Kevin Horlock slotted the ball past Vince Bartram at Wembley in 1999. To all City fans, that day was do or die in its truest sense. To lose would have left us consigned to the lower leagues, possibly going the way of teams like Wimbledon, Leeds and Accrington Stanley.

I still, to this day, don't know how or why we were saved, but somehow Dickov scored that goal in the 95th minute and we haven't looked back since. Fast forward 13 years and we've seen it all, Goater's goals, promotion to the top flight, relegation, Royle out, Kev in, Neville feeding the Goat, Pearce's missed penalty, the last game at Maine Road, beating Barcelona, the 4-3 cup comeback, Ji-Hai Sun, Sun Ji-Hai, the genius of Ali Bernarbia, losing to Middlesbrough without them having a shot, missing out on Europe in the last minute, Psycho on the touchline, David James up front, Sven, a Thai Billionaire with no money, getting into Europe, Hughes, the takeover, Sheikh Mansour, losing to United in the 97th minute, losing to United in the 93rd minute, losing to United in the 90th minute, Mancini, Mancini's scarf, missing out on the Champions League, getting into the Champions League, beating United in the Cup semi, winning the FA Cup. Richard Jobson, Spencer Prior, Eyal Berkovic, Richard Dunne, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Paulo Wanchope, George Weah, Joey Barton, Micah Richards, Bernardo Corradi, David Silva, Carlos Tevez, Vincent Kompany...

... and back to today, this could be the day we win the biggest prize of them all. We might not win it, true, and if we don't there's no shame in losing it to a team like United and if that's the case we'll be back next year to try again.

Whatever happens though, I'll be thinking back to that day 13 years ago when I was an 8 year old stood in the stands. The day we survived, the day the tide turned, the day that started it all.

Bobbymanc said:
Well today is the day we become champions, our players will be definitely up for it and hopefully get an early goal. I think we will be 2 up at half time and go on to win 4-0.
I have been waiting 41 years for the chance to win the league and I know we can do it, let's be loud and proud today and let the lads know how much a win means to us all.

CTID
In 1968 I was five & was given a Man City kit for my birthday, supported them ever since. Was at Wembley last year with my mate & yes I cried. Watching today with my son who got his first city shirt this year, I believe it's fate. Keep the faith all of you, today of all days you are all family. CTID.

I was born in 1969, and had stories from my dad and his family about City winning the league, city in Europe etc.

Ever since I was old enough to understand the passion of football, I have firmly believed that I am a jinx to City Winning the title. I honestly had accepted the point that it would never happen in my life time.

Today I am sitting here (ticketless) shaking in anticipation that the jinx is about to be broken.

City the highs of Sept 23 1989 to the Lows of York, the excitement of Wembley 99, today could be the true making of a club, I have shed tears for this club, today I hope at 5pm, Im shedding more tears of joy.

CTID

Today’s the day, results are vital
For City to win and take the title
We’ve been mocked and we’ve been slated
In the desolate years while we have waited
Always in the shadow of the ‘Pool and United
And Chelsea but now those wrongs can be righted
City the underdogs, that’s been the story
Til goal makers arrived, Aguero, Tevez and Toure
A long time to wait, 44 years
Different managers, relegation and tears
But we bounced back, with Bobby Manc on the up
And last year took the FA Cup
The Blues have always been in it to win it
But we like to leave things to the very last minute
So come on Aguero, Richards, Tevez and Toure
Bring us this last day of season our glory
Your fans have been constant, whate’er happens today we’ll cry
Cos we’re blue in our hearts and we’re
City. Til. We. Die.

lionheart said:
r.soleofsalford said:
lionheart said:
Super Mario has already left the country according to latest rumours. probably not such a bad thing as we have more than enough strikers available.
source
Quite possibly bullshit but here it is...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2143595/Mario-Balotelli-seen-leaving-Manchester-City-training-ground-passport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... sport.html</a>
An article entirely based entirely around a photo of Mario with a passport on his hand.

The players aren't going back to Carrington so I'd imagine they are just clearing out their lockers.

And if he's not in the squad, why should he stick around? Get on with your life

lionheart said:
Super Mario has already left the country according to latest rumours. probably not such a bad thing as we have more than enough strikers available.

Nonsense.<br /><br />-- Sun May 13, 2012 10:21 am --<br /><br />
rnblade said:
So what if Mario has fucked off out of the country already, it just goes to show how little he thinks of the club and his team mates.
Disgraceful! Fuck him off IMO.

I would love to hear Vinny's inspirational team talk. I bet he won't have to say too much I'm sure.
Today,you are famous, but now you have the opportunity to become LEGENDS!

Slating a City player based on a made up story in a toilet paper? Says more about you than Balotelli.

My stomach feels like baked beans in a pan. The nerves have gripped me once and for all and they're not going to let go until we either win or go 4-0 up in the last ten minutes. All my life I've waited for something like this, and any City fan younger than 44 has too. I don't give a shit about any other team today - no not even Newcastle, who I really want to get fourth even if it does look unlikely. Today, for me, could be Manchester City's day. Our chance to win two major trophies within a calendar year for the first time in nearly half a century. QPR stand in our way.

I've been on the verge of tears remembering some of the dross I used to watch at City, and how it's been replaced by some of the best football on the planet. Claudio Reyna and Joey Barton have turned into Yaya Toure and Gareth Barry, Giorgious Samaras and Bernardo Corradi have turned into Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero and Richard Dunne and Sylvain Distin have turned into Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott who are arguably the best CB pairing in the world right now.

We've come a long way, so let's go one baby step further to something monumentous. Today could be the start of something very, very big.

Hi there.

New member, long time lurker. I've been a City supporter since way back in the sixties. Used to live down south and go watch the lads when they played at Southampton in the days of Channon and Davies. Saw Marsh, Lee, Bell, Buzzer, Corrigan, Book and the rest of those great early 70's teams players.

This team is more than worthy of them.

Waited so long, through all those dark, terrible, surely-things-can't-get-any-worse-oh-shit, years. Waited so long for this day and we're not going to slip up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.