City vs Real Madrid Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go into this as rank outsiders to get out of the group - this might take some of the pressure off a bit (nothing to lose etc..)

Hence - GO FOR IT !

A win with a good performance sends out better messages about City & CL

C'MON Blues !

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
jollylescott said:
Bring this on tonight.

We are out already according to the gob that is Mourinho. I am confident we can get a result tonight and take it to the last game.

I am not down about the champions league. We took that long to win something so for us not to get through to the knock out stage isn't going to break my heart.

Fuck me we are playing Real Madrid.I could only ever dream of this 5 yrs ago.
What an occasion.

The ultimate test of fortress Etihad.

I agree - bring it on!

To many people (inclusing myself) believing the hype about how we should be qualifying easily!

I didn't realise it took the rags 4 yrs to do anything in the competition. We are but babies and no matter hoe much we spend,it takes time. Premiership and a good cup run would be fine again this year.
Sense Mr Sint 'elens, sense! It all takes time.

Chelsea played in the Champions League for the first time in 1998, Arsenal in 1997...us, last year.

(It's the "Premier League" though ;) !)

Caveman said:
jollylescott said:
What an occasion.

The ultimate test of fortress Etihad.

I agree - bring it on!

To many people (inclusing myself) believing the hype about how we should be qualifying easily!

I didn't realise it took the rags 4 yrs to do anything in the competition. We are but babies and no matter hoe much we spend,it takes time. Premiership and a good cup run would be fine again this year.

Chelsea played in the Champions League for the first time in 1998, Arsenal in 1997...us, last year.

Tottenham and Napoli...??

Their first times, and mate it through the group stages.

I don't get the 'time' and 'inexperienced in the champions league' argument. As a name, and a set of supporters, yes, we are. But is our manager- no. Are our players- no. Do we have world cup and Champions Leage winning players in our team- yes.

We were dealt a stupidly hard group. We were dealt a tough group last year. If we don't make it through this year (which we prob won't) there is no great shame in that.

What there is shame in, is our performances in the Champions League so far, and I have no idea what time has to do with poor performances. It really is a poor excuse to be honest.

No one expects us to win the champions league, or even the group, but we should have given the games a better fist so far (especially Ajax).

Fortunately, I class the Premier League as by far and away our priority, and we are doing pretty well in that.......

dancity19 said:
Caveman said:

Tottenham and Napoli...??

Their first times, and mate it through the group stages.

I don't get the 'time' and 'inexperienced in the champions league' argument. As a name, and a set of supporters, yes, we are. But is our manager- no. Are our players- no. Do we have world cup and Champions Leage winning players in our team- yes.

We were dealt a stupidly hard group. We were dealt a tough group last year. If we don't make it through this year (which we prob won't) there is no great shame in that.

What there is shame in, is our performances in the Champions League so far, and I have no idea what time has to do with poor performances. It really is a poor excuse to be honest.

No one expects us to win the champions league, or even the group, but we should have given the games a better fist so far (especially Ajax).

Fortunately, I class the Premier League as by far and away our priority, and we are doing pretty well in that.......

Put the rags,Chelsea,Arsenal in our group. Do you see any of them getting out-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.