City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

I am sure it has been covered, though if the last defender fouls a clean-through striker in the box, should it not be a straight red?

If the arm of a defender launching himself across the ground in the penalty box hugely deflects the ball up and away from an attacker standing just beyond, should it not be deemed to be hand ball?

it's the 'genda, I tell you!!

What I have noticed throughout this season is the stunning lack of variation on corners and free kicks.

Lampard was the only one who took it upon himself to try and test the goalkeeper from distance.

Watch us now at throw-ins, it's absolutely criminal. We take an eternity to present an option to the thrower, who by then is usually riddled with indecision, which has allowed the opposition to mark up.

The fallout tends to be a pathetic one-yard throw to a Silva or Toure, who taps it back to the thrower.

All reasons why we keep being caught on the counter attack when we are attacking.

The time to bite the bullet on Yaya was this summer, we will pay a heavy price for it both financially and on the field.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
What I have noticed throughout this season is the stunning lack of variation on corners and free kicks.

Lampard was the only one who took it upon himself to try and test the goalkeeper from distance.

Watch us now at throw-ins, it's absolutely criminal. We take an enternity to present an option to the thrower, who by then is usually riddled with indecision, which has allowed the opposition to mark up.

The fallout tends to be a pathetic one-yard throw to a Silva or Toure, who taps it back to the thrower.

All reasons why we keep being caught on the counter attack when we are attacking.

The time to bite the bullet on Yaya was this summer, we will pay a heavy price for it both financially and on the field.

Spot on with a lot of this. However, we do have to give the opposition some credit too in how they shape up or prepare. Suggesting we'll spank them by 3 or 4 (and not for the first time) suggests you're a little too dismissive of other teams at times when it's not warranted ;o)

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Watch us now at throw-ins, it's absolutely criminal. We take an enternity to present an option to the thrower, who by then is usually riddled with indecision, which has allowed the opposition to mark up.

Bang-on concerning the throw-ins. It's a situation that's been driving me barmy for too long now and needs addressing.

Not helped by the fact that Clichy seems to have developed throwinitis even when there are options available.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

This is just being lazy and poor mind set.

We wait until something disasterous happens to us before we realise that a change of tempo is required.

Add the throw ins to the laughable free kicks where we make 4 passes before we retreat, and we are squandering opportunities that other teams seem far more dangerous from

CityPar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Spot on with a lot of this. However, we do have to give the opposition some credit too in how they shape up or prepare. Suggesting we'll spank them by 3 or 4 (and not for the first time) suggests you're a little too dismissive of other teams at times when it's not warranted ;o)

Haha :)

There is no excuse for City not putting teams like Roma to the sword at home.

A team that was at least four players light of their best starting line-up, whereas we had only Fernando missing.

Roma will be far away from the mix when the business end of this competition ramps us.

Paris showed against Barca that reputations should count for very little when coupled with your own talented squad and a desire to get a result.

An Italian team who can defend and be comfortable on the ball, was hardly a hit for the senses.

What did for us was City, nobody else.

I genuinely believe a lot (and by no means all) of our issues this season are a total lack of fitness. We only came back from the states a day or two before the charity shield and I know from a business and commercial POV we need to do these tours abroad but it is currently detrimental to the team, we are behind most teams in fitness levels and as so can't dominate games like we have in the past as we are not only been out thought, we are being outplayed physically as nobody has any stamina and energy. It could cost us dearly and if we end up in the Europa league we can kiss goodbye to any sort of title defence imo.

mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

This is just being lazy and poor mind set.

We wait until something disasterous happens to us before we realise that a change of tempo is required.

Highlighted even more under UEFA's multi-ball system.

We lack real attention and urgency.

How many goals have we conceded from corners in Europe since we started with Mancini.

It's the personnel.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
CityPar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Haha :)

There is no excuse for City not putting teams like Roma to the sword at home.

A team that was at least four players light of their best starting line-up, whereas we had only Fernando missing.

Roma will be far away from the mix when the business end of this competition ramps us.

Paris showed against Barca that reputations should count for very little when coupled with your own talented squad and a desire to get a result.

An Italian team who can defend and be comfortable on the ball, was hardly a hit for the senses.

What did for us was City, nobody else.

But, but, but...... didn't we lose EDIT: DROP POINTS!!!!!! because we got outpossessed and bossed around in the midfield?

Though media types seem to think so, actual match statistics would suggest otherwise. And I think it is much more down to points such as tolmie has brought up. Also a dreadfully slow tempo in the attack at times.

TWO shots on target, FFS. With 61% possession. That is the definition of "pointless fannying around."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.