City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

The slaughtered lamb said:
Not a comment on the result because I think 1-1 was fair but I have never seen a champs' league match refereed like that.

If our players make as many fouls as the likes of Keita, Manolas or Cole in Rome, the ref will fuck us.

Really??!

Where were you last season...and the season before....and the season before that

BlueTaylor91 said:
From City tweeting about Totti never scoring in England

To the first half performance

To then seeing Scholes at HT mentioning how empty the stadium was

To the second half performance

To then Rio tweeting about our stadium expansion and not filling it

Overall what a crap night!

Who are you playing in the champions league this week you rag ****?

Chippy_boy said:
dubblue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
We've already spent hundreds of millions on players, we are league champions if we aren't ready now when will be ? .

Exactly. Even Spurs got to the quarters in their first attempt!

And who did they play?

Bremen, Twente and Inter. Then AC Milan before being knocked out by Real.

Not exactly the group of death we are handed every year was it.

It shouldn't matter though, lots of teams who haven't millions manage to get through in hard groups. We are failing in Europe

Another gutless display in Europe, they look like a different team than I saw battle back with 10 men against Chelsea.

Forget tactics, they couldn't pass or run for the first 30 mins, I think it's a mental hang up in Europe.

I didn't go tonite but was embarrassed watching it on the box, players and fans just don't seem to bother in the European games. Atmosphere sounded bloody awful, admittedly with not much to cheer.

Thought the early pen would have settled everyone down but seemed to have the opposite effect. Effing speed off!!!

Rant over.

After seeing scholes at HT i really hope we bang th shit out of united in derby,and my gut feeling says we will tear them to shreads

Blue Hefner said:
Having to bring Lampard on in a Champs League game shows how thin we are in midfield

I'd sell Yaya and buy two midfield players who are mobile

Putting aside the pro/anti Yaya views for a moment, to me the key to success in Europe is exactly this. If you look at the stronger European teams they have an abundance of fast, young, mobile midfielders. In contrast we are having to rely on Frank, at the age of 36, to dig us out of a hole.

We are so painfully thin in midfield it isn't funny. Having watched our dynamic under 19 team play a little earlier, there are actually players in that team who show more mobility and graft than our 2 man midfield.

Having said that we looked much stronger in the second half when Jimmy and Frank came on. We got some control of the game once we did that.

Pellers has to accept that we don't have the midfield to play both Sergio and Edin together in European competition. We can get away with it in our League, but not in Europe.

It really is Groundhog Day yet again. Out thought and out fought.

Posted I think in match day thread,some teams just seem to hit it from the off in europe,having maybe like ourselves been out of it for a while,where as we at times look lost....

Chippy_boy said:
Rammy Blue said:
No-one should be blaming the ref, I know we should have had a second pen however the bottom line is that their keeper has barely had a shot to save all game and they've had by far the better opportunities.

We were shite, end of.

A shite performance and a shite/bent ref are not mutually exclusive you know.

We were dreadful, yes. But so was the ref.

Because of the ref we were shite. They should have had 10 men after 4 mins, he never booked a Roma player for a foul or 5, it broke up the play, he blew b4 any advantage, this site is full of idiots, I used to like reading it but I now give up, apart from GDM who I will read.

@BluePhil8 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
league...fa cup..league cup.

champs league..who gives a fuck...

fans already voting with their feet.never ever been so delighted to save 35 notes than tonight.
club needs to sort itself out.
So because we are shit in a competition let's boycott it? How will that lead to improvement?

errr cos.it is a wank competition in my eyes.of.course the club wants global success and winning this would help but fuck me it is really of no concern this competition to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.