City vs Roma Post Match Thread

Probably our best performance in europe , to go to a decent italian team and deservedly beat them , when it matters , and without the spine of our team , is truly an astounding result , cant wait for the media and their back handed compliments tomorrow , anyone for humble pie ?

dan05delaney said:
abu13 said:
Well, heading home after the Moscow game I would have never believed we would have qualified for the knockout stages, Am I right in saying that this is the lowest point total ever that has got through?

it would be just like us to go on and have a really good run now, considering the bad luck we have had with refereeing decisions and injuries it is testament to the character of the club.

Winning becomes a habit, get our big guns back and lets see where this ride takes us.
Proud to be a blue.

Zenit got through last year with 6... still crazy we got knocked out with 10, 4 years ago.... no idea about lowest points and gone on to win the thing

Napoli went out with 12 points last year. 4 wins and 2 defeats.

Bluep*ss said:
Wow – magnificent performance. I thought all of them were very good – Dzeko maybe not so but he is coming back from injury. For me Demi and Ferny 1 were magnificent. Zabba – what a f***ing man………88 mins and
he is running from Full back position onto a creative pass from Nasri.- GOAL!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
Did you notice Jovetic – a very skilfull player.Merlin back, just hoping he didn’t get clobbered.
CTID

As the commentary bloke said at the very end...............THE CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND have beaten the Champions of Italy

Roma are not champions of Italy.

I had faith on this...but it still feels like a highlight moment..the best things are on our way...sooner or later we will get them...

1)Joe Hart you can become the best gk in the word
2)Nasri is back from the dead with this stunner in the right time (aguero is out we need some goals from him)
3)Pellegrini could say........Whose running the midfield now bitches ??
4) Is it a matter of form or is the tactics ?

We did several things really well.

Played a 3 man centre mid to control the midfield.

Pressed. Not the most intense pressing I have ever seen, but certainly good enough and more importantly, consistent from start to finish - no let up for Roma. Got more intense as the game wore on.
Everyone put a massive shift in all the way through - love Yaya, but he's the weak link in this equation, at least early on when we are pressed and need to work like Trojans ourselves.

When we had the ball, people moved for each other, constantly. In addition, we had obviously been practicing close one-touch possession so we had the confidence to use it, and it paid off soo much by both getting us out of tight corners, and creating openings and space. Further, the confidence from this and from the recent results meant we often chose to drive forwards with the ball - beating a man when he was alongside or near (not risking it when he was in front), and changing all the angles that Roma then had to cover.

What makes it even better is the fact that it didn't look like Rom had a bad day - they actually played quite well. We were just better and played a great tactical European game.

Well done lads, and Merry Christmas to one and all!

As mentioned on the first page it had the feeling of the fa cup semi v rags.
A turning point. Not only that, the injury situation did force the managers hand selection wise but showed everyone in and outside of the club that the SQUAD is hungry and effective whoever we put in.

All were outstanding but id like to put a mention in for Nasri, Milner and Fernandinho.

Im still buzzing my tits off!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.