City vs Roma Post Match Thread

Fantastic performance in Rome, well done lads! Pellegrini deserves massive praise, not long ago we were looking at 9 point gap in prem and all but eliminated from CL, pelle calmly instilled confidence and huge performances from NAsri and Aguero. Bring on last 16 with full squad back, media are absolutely gutted, practically seething, good to have a club from Manchester in the champs league final 16...

oakiecokie said:
I remember way back in !968/69 when Malcolm A.went to war with the media and proclaimed that City would "terrorise Europe" (or something similar) but we all agreed that we would do exceptionally well but it fell apart in Turkey.
OUCH and rewind until now.
This for me was and is and has been the best away performance of any City team over the past 40+ years.
OK we should have progressed further over the past 3+ years,but IMO tonight,was the defining night,that at long last,we have finally beaten our jinx.
Having watched the full game in my local,with 15+ City diehards,we all came to the same conclusion !!! This should be our turning point and what a superb team this was,with so many wonderful individual performances.
City I salute you and also you wonderful away fans who did our club superb with your constant vocal support.
Fucking hell lads,what a team and club !!

I remember that boast that Allison did, and boy did it bite us on the arse against Fenerbahce, this is a great night for us, I remember watching City beat Juventus at Maine Road in 1976 and also AC Milan also at Maine Road in 1978 and thinking we would go far on both occasions, so this result is well and truly over due for us...............

Good ratings here..............

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2192302/champions-league-player-ratings-samir-nasri-and-james-milner-help-man-city-to-round-of-16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester ... ound-of-16</a>?

CTID................

Let's not forget the other side of this win. It will mean several million more in bonus revenue and then the TV money (not sure how that works)... every game we win in this tournament, every round we reach puts big money in the club's pockets. Possibly money that could keep ticket prices down in future (or am I being naive?).

Also, does this save our Pot 2 status for next year now? There had been a real risk of us dropping to Pot 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.