City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Kolarov wants fans to support the team on Tuesday.

“In a game like this you have to feel you are playing at home – for the first couple of minutes our fans are good and crazy but then they calm down.”

He's so right.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kolarovs-appeal-city-fans-give-7846151#.VCh_G1pmzzo.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... zo.twitter</a>

Pellegrini should play Kolarov, being a former Lazio's player he will definitely have that extra fire competing against us, he even scored a magnificent goal in a derby, after a 70 metres ride he finshed with his right foot for the definitive 4-2.

Maicon vs Kolarov would be seriuosly entertaining to watch.

Giallorosso said:
Bolo1982 said:
Hi all, I am Bosnian and I think that Dzeko should be dropped for this one and you should just play Sergio as a lone striker. The reason for my thinking is because I have been following Roma for a couple of seasons now (mainly because our Pjanic plays there) and I can tell you that Roma are seriously good. I don't think some of you guys realise just how strong this team is. They will punish you if you give them too much space. I even think they will cause Bayern enough problems and they will take points of them. 4-4-2 is not the right approach for this match.

I am a Roma fan and I can tell you our team is strong but Manchester City is stronger. Besides that we have never achieved anything good in England except for a win in Liverpool.
I watched Hull City-Manchester City and Dzeko was in an amazing shape so I won't rest him for this match.

I agree that Dzeko had a good game against Hull and that his overall form this season and including the end of last season has been the best since he joined City. However, I think Roma will cope with Dzeko better than they would with Aguero. Since I think that 4-4-2 would be an obvious mistake I would therefore opt for Sergio and then maybe bring on Edin to close the game off depending on the result. Roma will come to play football so there will be no parking the bus with these boys. I agree with you that City probably have the better squad but I also think that Roma are so dangerous in attack and have a lot of quality in the midfield that it would be extremely risky playing two up front.

sgerlat said:
de niro said:
Kun Aguero said:
You are underestimating Roma.

and you are underestimating us.

decent team ? yes. will we beat them? bigger yes.

You really are underestimating Roma, I don't think you ever watched any of our matches in the last 2 years or so, if you're so sure. Not that you should follow la Serie A.

I do agree when you say City shouldn't fear any opposing team, that's a mentality issue, and I do believe you're better side with slightly better chances of winning the forthcoming challenge, but there's no way a team with De Rossi-Strootman-Iturbe-Castan-Astori injured with still a good bench too, which manage to win them all nonetheless, scoring 5 goals in 50 minutes after a 4 year hiatus from CL, can be just decent and easily beatable.

Having said that the 4-3-3 is overall much more versatile, balanced e unpredictable than any 4-4-2, despite the actors, playing both Djeko and Aguero from the start would be a huge tactical mistake, it could have devasting consequences.

The worst error you could make against Roma is leaving the midfield exposed letting us control the game, tiki-taka style.

I'm not being biased here.
You will have to get the ball off us first.

richards30 said:
We have gotta start beating decent teams in europe now! We've talked the talk the last 3 years and now its time to start delivering! Not saying we have to win it this year or next but start getting to quarter finals and semi finals. I still think we are 3-4 top players away from it though to be honest.

the players can't do it on their own .. they need support from the crowd.

sgerlat said:
de niro said:
Kun Aguero said:
You are underestimating Roma.

You really are underestimating Roma, I don't think you ever watched any of our matches in the last 2 years or so, if you're so sure. Not that you should follow la Serie A.

I do agree when you say City shouldn't fear any opposing team, that's a mentality issue, and I do believe you're better side with slightly better chances of winning the forthcoming challenge, but there's no way a team with De Rossi-Strootman-Iturbe-Castan-Astori injured with still a good bench too, which manage to win them all nonetheless, scoring 5 goals in 50 minutes after a 4 year hiatus from CL, can be just decent and easily beatable.

Having said that the 4-3-3 is overall much more versatile, balanced e unpredictable than any 4-4-2, despite the actors, playing both Djeko and Aguero from the start would be a huge tactical mistake, it could have devasting consequences.

The worst error you could make against Roma is leaving the midfield exposed letting us control the game, tiki-taka style.

As Pellegrini says .. formations are irrelevant telephone numbers .

You don't automatically win the game if you have more possession . The only stat that matters is the score line.

Roma are a good side in Seria A , but they haven't been tested in Europe .. I think you're on the same level as Everton or Shalke . We could easily beat you 5-0 but it all depends on what kind of mood the players are in and what kind of mood the crowd is in.

mastermind said:
sgerlat said:
de niro said:

As Pellegrini says .. formations are irrelevant telephone numbers .

You don't automatically win the game if you have more possession . The only stat that matters is the score line.

Roma are a good side in Seria A , but they haven't been tested in Europe ..
I think you're on the same level as Everton or Shalke
. We could easily beat you 5-0 but it all depends on what kind of mood the players are in and what kind of mood the crowd is in.

I think you're wrong there mate. Roma are serious contenders to win Seria A, they are much stronger than both Everton or Shalke.

Hi guys. Im as Roma fan but Im very interested in your team this year (obvious reasons).

First of all, I must complimate your very Intellegent and mature discutions here. I used to visit man u forum when our teams got a relation in transfer market and it always ended with laughs.

Our main weakness right now is the center of the defense. Castan and Astori are both injured so we have to play with our 4th defenter (yanga mbiwa)
and also without De Rossi in the "baby sitter" position in front of the defense.

PS. Im apolize for the grammer since English is my third language.

Will be an interesting game but I think we have enough to ensure the win.

On a side note I've met a few Roma fans on my travels and they all seem to like City, mainly because we share a mutual hatred of everything United.

LoveCity said:
Kolarov wants fans to support the team on Tuesday.

“In a game like this you have to feel you are playing at home – for the first couple of minutes our fans are good and crazy but then they calm down.”

He's so right.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kolarovs-appeal-city-fans-give-7846151#.VCh_G1pmzzo.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... zo.twitter</a>

We all knew it deep down but it still sucks to hear it confirmed from a player. The home support isn't good enough.

On the actual match I'm unsurprisingly apprehensive, whenever we have a team of this ilk in our CL group we struggle. Dortmund and Napoli gave us big problems home and away. It'll be a real test of how far we've actually come in the Champions League.

I expect Roma to play exactly the way Chelsea play. They will play a solid defensive system with the ability for the fast break. This system is the worst for us, because we nearly always end up getting frustrated, having our midfielders and full backs a bit further up the pitch, and leaving ourselves exposed at the back.

Sadly, when seeking to advance, the key is win at home and don't lose away. That gets you 12 pts and you have to advance. Lose the away game to the Pot 3 club and you now start relying on other results, unless you beat Pot 1 home and away. So, from Roma's point of view, 1 point is good, 3 points is excellent. Given the GD advantage they already would have unless we pummel them, this game is already a must win, and by more than one goal if we can.

Whether we can do that on current form, I don't know, but I'll be there trying to help Kolarov do it!!

My calculus is CSKA don't win any game (because we have to beat them away, and Bayern will) and everyone else is trying for at least the away point, which we didn't end up getting at Bayern. If Roma can get anything here, they can play an 11 man defence for the tie in Munich and easily beat us out of this group. It may all come down to each teams home result against Bayern, however, it really looks like it is going to come down to that last group game in Roma!!!

Let's just hope it isn't a Napoli/Dortmund game, and that we have learned something over the past few years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.