City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
........................................................hart.................................................

zaba................................vinny.....................mdm..................kolarov

milner..............................fern......................yaya........................silva

..........................................aguero...............dzeko..............................

I've seen Messi, Xavi, Henry, Ronaldo, Aguero, Lahm and Yaya Toure at the Etihad but I can't wait too see Totti. If he left Roma he would be rated far far far higher than he is now.

Kun Aguero said:
I've seen Messi, Xavi, Henry, Ronaldo, Aguero, Lahm and Yaya Toure at the Etihad but I can't wait too see Totti. If he left Roma he would be rated far far far higher than he is now.

Agree couldn't wait to watch del piero when juve come even though he was past his best! Best I've seen live though has to be ineista different gravy!

Roma are very strong in the midfield. Ljajic, Pjanic, Nainggolan and Keita. And with the exception of Keita, all of them are fairly young. Add to that Destro who is in great form, and it will be a very tough game. Thankfully, Astori, De Rossi and Strootman are injured. And there is no Benatia. I don't think Totti will play too, since he played around 70 minutes today. So Roma will probably play a 4-3-3 against us.

Where they are most vulnerable is their full backs. Both Maicon and Cole are old, and while still have decent passing and vision, have very little pace. I think Pellegrini recognizes this fact, and that's probably why he rested both Navas and Kolarov today. Navas running into Cole and Kolarov into Maicon will definitely cause them problems.

I'd personally play a 4-3-2-1 with Fernandinho and Yaya along with either Fernando(if he's fit) otherwise Milner in the middle. Start with Dzeko alone up top. Try to score from wide areas. Then put on Aguero when they are tired. We'll need a perfect CB performance. Not sure which one of Mangala or Demichelis will fit the bill in the current scenario along with Vinnie. If Totti is starting(unlikely), I'd want Demichelis, if Gervinho is, I'd want Mangala.

FredTilson said:
Roma are very strong in the midfield. Ljajic, Pjanic, Nainggolan and Keita. And with the exception of Keita, all of them are fairly young. Add to that Destro who is in great form, and it will be a very tough game. Thankfully, Astori, De Rossi and Strootman are injured. And there is no Benatia. I don't think Totti will play too, since he played around 70 minutes today. So Roma will probably play a 4-3-3 against us.

Where they are most vulnerable is their full backs. Both Maicon and Cole are old, and while still have decent passing and vision, have very little pace. I think Pellegrini recognizes this fact, and that's probably why he rested both Navas and Kolarov today. Navas running into Cole and Kolarov into Maicon will definitely cause them problems.

I'd personally play a 4-3-2-1 with Fernandinho and Yaya along with either Fernando(if he's fit) otherwise Milner in the middle. Start with Dzeko alone up top. Try to score from wide areas. Then put on Aguero when they are tired. We'll need a perfect CB performance. Not sure which one of Mangala or Demichelis will fit the bill in the current scenario along with Vinnie. If Totti is starting(unlikely), I'd want Demichelis, if Gervinho is, I'd want Mangala.

Has Totti lost his starting place? I know Destro is banging them in.

Think Roma will flood the midfield with Keita holding and Pjanic, Nainggolan and Florenzi bombing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.