City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MeatHunterrr said:
Ric said:
Marvin said:
Definitely - going to be a key player for City though maybe we shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Can't see either Fernando or Jovetic being available for Tuesday, sadly.
Jovetic said when he was picking up that Etihad player of the month award that he is 100% ready for Roma. Of course he is not a doctor but he said that.

He could have done an Open University course in medicine by now with all his time out injured, and with POV hands on experience too LOL

With Aguero going off early yesterday I think MP might be looking to leave out Jovetic for now. Just the one striker for me and shore up the midfield so we can battle it out without risking too much. We can't afford to lose otherwise with Bayern likely to win we will be 6 points behind them and 6 points behind Roma which is effectively game over. I'm all for rotation but that can happen against Villa and not a crucial game like this.

Hart
Zabs Kompany Mangala Kolarov
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Silva Milner
Aguero

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Kolarov
Fernandinho Toure Milner
Silva Aguero Jovetic

We need more than 2 in midfield, as Roma will definitely look to pack it, and they have very good midfielders who can keep possession and pass it nicely.

Hi everybody!
This is my first post here.
I'm a Roma fan and I'm glad our teams will be meeting in a few days.
Hope no accidents between parts will occur as I'm against violence and I wish everybody will enjoy the match.
That said I'm a little bit concerned about this match because you've got amazing players some of whom, like Kolarov and Jovetic, we know very well.
We've got a good team too but not so good as yours I guess; besides some of our best players like Kevin Strootman,Iturbe,De Rossi,Castan unfortunately won't be playing Tuesday.
Last thing: I hate Manchester United! :)

I like the above team but leaving Dzeko out would be a mistake imo.Id be bringing Navas off the bench later in the game.

Giallorosso said:
Hi everybody!
This is my first post here.
I'm a Roma fan and I'm glad our teams will be meeting in a few days.
Hope no accidents between parts will occur as I'm against violence and I wish everybody will enjoy the match.
That said I'm a little bit concerned about this match because you've got amazing players some of whom, like Kolarov and Jovetic, we know very well.
We've got a good team too but not so good as yours I guess; besides some of our best players like Kevin Strootman,Iturbe,De Rossi,Castan unfortunately won't be playing Tuesday.
Last thing: I hate Manchester United! :)

Big plus for you here :)

As curiosity...would some of you please explain to me why Maicon didn't perform well with your team apart for Premier League being superior to Serie
A right now?

Changing argument I think Kolarov and Zabaleta will a serious threat on our sides because every defender we've got there, Maicon,Torosidis,Cole and Holebas can't defend very well.

inbetween said:
With Aguero going off early yesterday I think MP might be looking to leave out Jovetic for now. Just the one striker for me and shore up the midfield so we can battle it out without risking too much. We can't afford to lose otherwise with Bayern likely to win we will be 6 points behind them and 6 points behind Roma which is effectively game over. I'm all for rotation but that can happen against Villa and not a crucial game like this.

Hart
Zabs Kompany Mangala Kolarov
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Silva Milner
Aguero

That's the lineup I would use if I were to play against my team, not a 4-2-3-1 but a 4-3-3, I like it more overall. Then I believe for a variety of reasons, which I will list below here, City may benefit more from boosting the midfield with Milner than having 2 strikers in front.

First of all, our midfield is great even though Nainggolan he's dead tired, you need to be aggressive on the ball carrier to limit our maneuver and Milner is just perfect, also opens up room for Yaya's incursion. While with just 2 bodies in the middle one of ours will always be free to set up the offense, which is dangerous considering the tecnhinque we have at disposal in that department. We could put Nainggolan guarding Yaya the whole game too, a very interesting option to limit your offense vastly.
Secondly, our weak link on defence are full-backs, Maicon is constanly on the offense, basically a winger, but he doesn't defend. Cole is garbage, no offense or defence whatsoever, and will be a nightmare against Navas if he plays frequently the wide position instead of helping too much in the heart of the midfield, like he would in a 4-4-2 lineup. Anyway I believe Torosidis, who is decent defensively, will play on the left.
Thirdly, Djeko and Aguero's movements will be more readable playing togeher, our defenders could "just" take one each, also considering that Manolas and Yanga-Mbiwa are quite good in 1vs1 situations. Aguero alone instead spacing everywhere on the pitch is much more unpredictable and hardly stoppable,

Totti will play for sure, to much of an ego to bench him in CL's matches. I think he played today because it was his birthday and furthermore Garcia wanted the 3 points yesterday.

Gervinho vs Zabaleta should be fan to watch.

Florenzi is not best dribbler but will certainly bring the level of intensity up by a notch, besides that will help Maicon too on defence. Great goal yesterday!

P.s. Man on man defence against our midfielders is problematic for strikers because they always rotate their positions, zone pressing is much more effective.

P.P.S. Maicon has insane pace, I don't know what people here are talking about.

sgerlat said:
Cole is garbage, no offense or defence whatsoever, and will be a nightmare against Navas if he plays frequently the wide position instead of helping too much in the heart of the midfield, like he would in a 4-4-2 lineup. Anyway I believe Torosidis, who is decent defensively, will play on the left.

Maybe Holebas too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.