City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would play Mangala ahead of Demichelis tomorrow as he's more of a proactive defender and we should press the opponent high from the start - Italian teams are not usually good in these kind of high tempo games so with an aggresive display like the one we had against Chelsea, we should cause problems.

Then use Demichelis against Aston Villa as he's more suited to tough Prem away fixtures at the moment.

Loukas said:
mastermind said:
afhald said:
So Juventus is a bad team and Roma worse?

Not a bad team .. just not on our level. They are very beatable. How often to do they face a free-scoring team like ours ?

Let's open the flood gates on them. No mercy.

But are they any worse than the Napoli team that came and drew here and beat us away or the Juve team that drew here?

We've improved, but we need to concentrate to win this game, any slight sign of complacency like we showed at 2-0 vs Hull will get punished. If we play well though, I think everyone is in agreement that we SHOULD win. Be interesting, either way, if they go through ahead of us, good luck to them, it's a very tough group.... again!

We're far superior to that Napoli, that by the way was very unlucky against Chelsea, they could have gone further, but you're much better too, no comparisons are relevant here.

I reasonably believe this Roma side is the best team we've ever had the chance to experience in the recent history of the club or perhaps a close second, I'm fairly young hence I can't go too far back. I don't know anything about the team that lost against Liverpool in the CL's final in the eighties, but I know we're up there with the one which won the last Scudetto back in 2001, and that team featured Cafù, Samuel, Aldair, Emerson, Totti and Batistuta almost all in their prime.

Also financially-wise, with this new owner an a stadium lined up, we've got some room for improvement too, the 2001 squad was covered in debt up to their neck, we had almost declared bankruptcy to win that one trophy, but know what? I don't care, Batistuta was just unreal to watch even if he didn't last long after we signed him.

sgerlat said:
OnlyOneCaptain said:
Hello guys,
Another As Roma fan here!
First of all good luck to you and I hope it will be a beautiful match.
I don't know Manchester City but from what I hear you guys won the premiership last year so you have to be very very strong I guess.
Roma is very strong this year too, but unfortunately for us right now, we have big issues with injuries in the defence which could be very good for you.
So far Roma never won against english teams away so it will be tough for sure for us.
If our central defenders perform well it will be a nice game I think

Romans popping out from every corner, I'm digging it.

I think we or any other fan wouldn't have registered to this forum if we didn't thought we're great.

Romans?

In the Forum?

...whatever next...

afhald said:
First minutes will be crucial, we need to score as soon as possible to own the game.

but the problem is ...the team will go easy thinking its all over only to concede goals to make matter worst .

btw how is Roma compared to an English team?

chicagoblues said:
afhald said:
First minutes will be crucial, we need to score as soon as possible to own the game.

but the problem is ...the team will go easy thinking its all over only to concede goals to make matter worst .

Imo ahead of everyone bar us and the chavs and I'd back a fully fit Roma side to knock that lot out over two legs. Lucky for us they're missing a few key players so we should win tomorrow but it won't be easy.

chicagoblues said:
Very hard to tell before tomorrow match.
Roma is good, it plays by far the best football of Serie A (better than juventus) and has been doing that consistently for the last year till now.
Juventus won the last championship mostly due to be more consistent with very small opponents, sometimes also helped by referees.
If Roma players will be scared or the central defenders (3rd and 4th choise) will be terrible will be an easy win for manchester.
if the opposite it will be very though. Totti, Gervinho and Pjanic can really do amazing things if they are in their day

Hungarian blue said:
I would play Mangala ahead of Demichelis tomorrow as he's more of a proactive defender and we should press the opponent high from the start - Italian teams are not usually good in these kind of high tempo games so with an aggresive display like the one we had against Chelsea, we should cause problems.

Then use Demichelis against Aston Villa as he's more suited to tough Prem away fixtures at the moment.

I think Roma will be pretty strong, they had a good season last year and are used to winning games. They will be good in possession and we need to play the pressing game very carefully. Following their result in Moscow a draw works for them. I’m not fussed about the score I’d be happy with an early goal and a win. The away leg will be tricky so a clean sheet and them not getting a decent chance would be great.

I would go with the same team as Hull, but with Hart back in, subs would be Navas, Lampard and Jovetic if we need goals, MDM + Kolarov and a 5 man mid if we don’t.

Hart

Zab VK Mangala Clichy

Milner Toure Diniho

Silva

Aguero Dzeko

sgerlat said:
Loukas said:
mastermind said:
Not a bad team .. just not on our level. They are very beatable. How often to do they face a free-scoring team like ours ?

Let's open the flood gates on them. No mercy.

But are they any worse than the Napoli team that came and drew here and beat us away or the Juve team that drew here?

We've improved, but we need to concentrate to win this game, any slight sign of complacency like we showed at 2-0 vs Hull will get punished. If we play well though, I think everyone is in agreement that we SHOULD win. Be interesting, either way, if they go through ahead of us, good luck to them, it's a very tough group.... again!

We're far superior to that Napoli, that by the way was very unlucky against Chelsea, they could have gone further, but you're much better too, no comparisons are relevant here.

I reasonably believe this Roma side is the best team we've ever had the chance to experience in the recent history of the club or perhaps a close second, I'm fairly young hence I can't go too far back. I don't know anything about the team that lost against Liverpool in the CL's final in the eighties, but I know we're up there with the one which won the last Scudetto back in 2001, and that team featured Cafù, Samuel, Aldair, Emerson, Totti and Batistuta almost all in their prime.

Also financially-wise, with this new owner an a stadium lined up, we've got some room for improvement too, the 2001 squad was covered in debt up to their neck, we had almost declared bankruptcy to win that one trophy, but know what? I don't care, Batistuta was just unreal to watch even if he didn't last long after we signed him.

Sounds good. Roma have always been a team I liked!

Hopefully both two of us can progress, but after us loosing to Munich I don't think that will happen! I hope you have a successful season - just as long as it's not at our expense in the Champions League!

I'm just hoping my opinions of your club wont be soured by my arse getting slashed when I go in December! :P

Loukas said:
I'm just hoping my opinions of your club wont be soured by my arse getting slashed when I go in December! :P

Unfortunately dickheads are everywhere. Those who stab foreigners aren't Roma fans they're simply criminals.
If the italian police knew its job these incidents wouldn't occur.

Jack Wills said:
sgerlat said:
Tbilisi said:
I love that comment,entered my vocab.

Thanks, being a non-English speaker, I really appreciate your consideration too :-)

Italians love bidet eheh, it's a cultural thing, 97% of us use it, so it's very common for us to come up with a similar expression.

I would have used the italian word "cesso", which means "bidet" and at the same time "piece of crap" referring to someone or just someone who is bad at something, but I couldn't find any equivalent. I do like though the contrast the French word gave to my precedent epithet.

Have you got any idiomatic expression that I may not know? There must be one, even if it's not very popular.

How about 'bobbins'? As in Man Utd are fucking bobbins, or Lee Bradbury was bobbins.

I like the sound of it, sounds like a fart in the bath, kind of perfect related to rags.

But could it be used to name the actual bidet? That was my inquiry .

We also have another expression, which is even more hilarious to describe players like Welbeck, that is "pippa al sugo".
"Pippa" means "someone who is inadequate for any kind of activity", it is often referred here to any bad players or sportsman in general. While "sugo" is "sauce", usually for pasta, therefore if you put a pippa like Welbeck into any condiment, a good sauce like Arsenal, it will instantly turn brown.

Pippa also means something else but I can't really explain it in a public forum like this one. Just think to the synonyms of the word saw in relation to the actual qualities of someone like Welbeck. I have to say he really fits this desciption too.

P.s. My Roman mate will love this :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.