City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
It's a tough group. Tougher than the one we played with Napoli and Villareal in terms of opposition, but easier in regards to the fact that we are better than we were then and have improved in Europe.

I think we have to win if we want to progress, but we need a decent ref (finally) to help us progress in Europe. If we win then it completely transforms the group and makes our chances of progressing a lot better considering we would still have to go to Rome. IF Roma get a point then they will be very happy and will know what they have to do against Bayern. It will have a similar play to the game we played with Napoli then.

Long way to go but we need City to really click and put in a dominant performance in Europe - we've never really managed to dominate a game from start to finish in Europe - particularly not at home! Even CSKA and Plzen caused us a few scares last season.
Decent ref ...lol. no chance , he`ll do whats needed to get us out.

OnlyOneCaptain said:
chicagoblues said:
btw how is Roma compared to an English team?
Very hard to tell before tomorrow match.
Roma is good, it plays by far the best football of Serie A (better than juventus) and has been doing that consistently for the last year till now.
Juventus won the last championship mostly due to be more consistent with very small opponents, sometimes also helped by referees.
If Roma players will be scared or the central defenders (3rd and 4th choise) will be terrible will be an easy win for manchester.
if the opposite it will be very though. Totti, Gervinho and Pjanic can really do amazing things if they are in their day

Maybe you are forgetting we have quite a few super stars ourselves.

richards30 said:
Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Milner
Yaya
Silva
Jovetic
Sergio
No no no Dzeko has 4 in 2 games and once he starts scoring he doesn't stop for a long while, Aguero/Dzeko with Jojo replacing Aguero when he starts tiring.

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Giallorosso said:
What about the Greeks ?

Male or female?

Manolas Torosidis Holebas

Manolas has been outstanding so far but I wanna see him against first class strikers. This is the occasion.
Torosidis is a very decent defender. You can always count on him although not so good when defending.
Holebas has just played once and he did perform well, certainly better than Cole. If he's to play tomorrow he'll have a tough task against City wingers.

Giallorosso said:
Giallorosso said:
Male or female?

Manolas Torosidis Holebas

Manolas has been outstanding so far but I wanna see him against first class strikers. This is the occasion.
Torosidis is a very decent defender. You can always count on him although not so good when defending.
Holebas has just played once and he did perform well, certainly better than Cole. If he's to play tomorrow he'll have a tough task against City wingers.

really ? Holebas will play tomorrow ? Good news for City !!!

I didn't say he'll play!
It's a possibility. Either Cole,Torosidis and him could play I'm not sure. I just know one thing: whoever play I guess will have a pain in the arse on that side!

Manolas conceded a penalty against City in pre-season... brought down Silva when playing for Olympiacos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.