City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

People posting "the summer can't come quick enough" in October after a victory in the CL and in the run up to the derby.

In a sea of shit. That'll take some beating. This place.
There really are some fucking idiots on here. Top of the league, pushing towards CL qualification, League Cup last 16 next week, derby on Sunday, 54k + in the new stadium, KDB delighting fans, Aguero, Silva and Kompany all to return and people are looking forward to summer. Im not sure some people will ever be happy.

People posting "the summer can't come quick enough" in October after a victory in the CL and in the run up to the derby.

In a sea of shit. That'll take some beating. This place.
I always smile when some 17 stone Pipe Fitter from Denton who played twenty years ago in the school 3rd eleven, and who watches the game after 5 pints from the front row of the south stand, calls a manager with ten champions league campaigns behind him "tactically naive".

I am amazed at the number of people saying that Otamendi and Mangala played well. I just see two headless chickens. They are not a partnership, there is no organisation between the two at all. Both constantly dragged out of position, they play like CBs in an under 12s game, chasing the ball with no thought for what is going on with their partner. Mangala looks decent alongside Kompany who keeps him in check and I dare say we would see something from Otamendi alongside VK. Otamendi and Mangala together? No thanks, they are a car crash waiting to happen!

Sevilla were the better team in the first half and the second half until about 20 minutes to go when we made the tactical change and they tired. By then we could easily have been losing 2-1 or 3-1, so were lucky to get the win. I find it very concerning that a man of Pellegrini's experience did not have the foresight to play 5 in midfield from the start when it was so obviously needed.

I always smile when some 17 stone Pipe Fitter from Denton who played twenty years ago in the school 3rd eleven, and who watches the game after 5 pints from the front row of the south stand, calls a manager with ten champions league campaigns behind him "tactically naive".

Summer can't come quick enough. ;)

Hope you're well mate.

I thought it was a cracking game. I bet it was great watching for neutrals.

For all those saying that we were crap, give your heads a fucking wobble. This wasn't Newcastle or Bournemouth; our opponents tonight won the Europa League in each of the last two seasons. Ever since the draw was made, people have been saying what a tough group it is and so it's proving.

I didn't think Kev had his best game for us, but again, we were playing a very good side that knows how to defend and, credit to the lad, his winner was an absolute beauty.

Yaya was anonymous for large parts of the game, especially in the first half, but supplied de Bruyne with a great ball for the winner.

Dinho, Eli and Nic also deserve special mention, as I thought they all played very well. Eli seemed to make umpteen clearances and Dinho broke up numerous attacks.

As the chant goes, "We Fight To The End", and we did.

Nice to hear a balanced view of someone who decided to watch the game. Half the people on here are not happy unless we win every game 5 nill and dominate from start to finish...whoever we play.

Irrespective of the team performance, I would like to complain about the number of tourists at the game!!
If they want to fit in, they need to understand the custom of leaving early. There were actually large number of people still in the ground when KDB scored - would never have happened in a league game and there was even congestion outside the CB stand on the way out. Sort it out City!!

Getting the win was the most important thing, I don't think we played too badly in the second half but they ran rings round us in the 1st. Obviously for them a point was the best thing and they threw it away in the end trying to get the winner on the break. It really could of gone either way though which is strange at this level and more worryingly sums up how we have played so far in the competition. We just seem desperate all the time, desperate defending and desperate attacking which led to the last goal but could easily of led to their 2nd instead. We never seem to control these games anymore which is probably the most worrying thing for Pellegrini.

I really think we should of had Fernando in there last night over Sterling and pushed Yaya forward because he just does not have the work-rate or stamina to defend in midfield. The best thing was Navas who I thought had a great game, he looked the only real spark we had that could open them up and his delivery was much better but no-one was on the end of any of them. Obviously Kev also had a great game but he sometimes gets lost trying to do everything and be everywhere without Silva playing.

On this showing so far, I think we will progress but playing like that against a better team who can defend and finish chances will see us get very easily picked off unfortunately. We just need a point or better away in Sevilla now and then the group winner will potentially be decided at Juventus but we can't go there and play like we did last night. Hopefully Aguero and Silva will be back in the frame by then and that should give Pellegrini some better options to decide a team to have some actual control over the game.

I am amazed at the number of people saying that Otamendi and Mangala played well. I just see two headless chickens. They are not a partnership, there is no organisation between the two at all. Both constantly dragged out of position, they play like CBs in an under 12s game, chasing the ball with no thought for what is going on with their partner. Mangala looks decent alongside Kompany who keeps him in check and I dare say we would see something from Otamendi alongside VK. Otamendi and Mangala together? No thanks, they are a car crash waiting to happen!
I think there is a lack of communication between them. Not sure if its a language thing or just getting used to playing with each other, but neither of them seems to communicate well with the other. Quite a few times a simple shout would from one would of allowed the other to leave the ball and the other to clear the ball easily but it didnt happen and we put ourselves under pressure. Its hard to tell how much they talk to each other throughout the game but it definitely looks poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.