City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

Agree, but I am not sure given the players we had out that we could play a game we had to really win without Toure. Our attacking options / creativity were really limited and we couldn't keep the ball to get our forwards in the game so you'd have started without Toure? It was a marginal decision, and that tells you how far Toure has fallen.

marv i'm not saying he shouldn't of started, what i am saying is playing him as part of a midfield two is now unworkable at this level.

i never felt we had any control in the game until fernando came on and we tweaked the formation.

it was yaya's burst forward and pass to KDB that created the win, yaya's effectiveness is now in forward positions and not anywhere near a defensive midfield role.

i've always said he is a steam train going forward and puffing billy coming back and that is only going to get worse, we need to utilise him in the best way

I think I finally understand champions league football and I think manchester city have too and mixed with the premier league and league cup and fa cup its a very long season. its just about the result forget the nice on the eyes great pass and move stuff just bag the 3 points in the groups and get the job done with as little fuzz and work you can.we have gone into games like last night with all guns blazing and playing some great stuff and giving it 110% and losing then we are playing catch up in the group and needed to beat the top seed in the last game of the group and come to the knockouts out we are on our feet with blowing our load before Christmas chasing the dream

in the last 2 games Manchester city have just played within themselves got the job done and took the points late on.now I think its not just being lucky but very well played and down to the manager in the setup and if the old Manchester turned up last we would have lost by 3 goals and out on our feet after the 60min mark in giving it 110% right from the start and playing 100mph good on the eye stuff for only to see them (the other team) go up field and score on the break

I think the penny dropped after the home game to juve we just went about it the wrong way and lost again and give it 100% and nothing to show for it at the end.champions league football is about the points in the group stage forget the nice on the eye stuff and 100mph of the English game just get the points

so lets hope the lesson we learnt on the open night at home to juve was the start of Manchester city in the champions league just get the points won and take on the knockouts with a bit more still in the bank in fact just play like last night and get to the final and then play nice football who cares in the end if you are crap in the groups if you end up winning it

I know, what the fuck was that all about?!

He gave an apologetic wave to the south stand after the danger was over.

i thought all the hard work to get in front was going to go up in smoke with that moment of madness, thank fuck they blew it

Once again we were hugely naive, bordering on arrogant. People can make all the excuses, but we should have been beaten lst night, individual quality has again bailed us out.

Far too many flaws with the system, the lack of pressure, lack of cohesion defensively. We're going to get a hammering soon because the way we play is suicide with the players at our disposal.

Pellegrini will be gone in the summer, and whilst I admire the football we've played, his tactics are borderline suicide. He's making two very good CBs in Otamendi and Mangala look vastly ordinary due to the lack of cover.

Why should we have been beaten because the opposition had more possession created less chances and had 2 efforts on target

Wouldn't be much of a thread if people gave their thoughts an hour later, that would be this thread

The match thread is supposed to be as it happens, it's just like chatting to the guy sat next to you at the game or in the pub

Id go to a different pub. It'd be good to read something that takes a bit of thought to write.

The way I look at it is a simplistic idea really,you need luck in cup football,that's what wins matches and ultimately trophies,last night we got a bit at last,yes we were a bit poor,anyone can see that,so no point denying it really,but we got the win which was very important onto Spain for a bit of the same in a fortnight should see us through now

i was telling misses last night he should take bony off bring on nando and push KDB up front, my face when mp did just that,
though i didnt think they were that good, we made them look good imo. bony has confidence holding ball but his shooting is woeful of late. cant wait for vinny to start our defence looks so shakey, though i though managala had a great game, bar the odd mistake.
great game though nice flowing footy, onwards and upwards

I just don't enjoy the majority of champions league games. I ended up going last minute, didn't get in the ground until 15 minutes in as my daughter was late, the South Stand Upper Tier was like a morgue and the football very very flat. I left on 80 minutes to try and get the kids back home at a half sensible time and just in time to see De Bruynes goal on ITV highlights. The premiership games are much more enjoyable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.