City Vs Seville Champions League Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do so many fans still want to play Yaya in the AM role when this failed epically away to Spurs? You have either KDB who is most productive in the AM role, or Sterling behind Bony who was on fire just 2 days ago in that role. Strange to me.
I don't have a problem with Yaya playing alongside Fernandinho as long as he plays a more conservative role, we still need his passing ability to control the game. Like you say it also gives De Bruyne the chance to play in the No.10 role where he is most dangerous.

I's be tempted to leave Yaya out altogether and have the industry of both Ferns in the middle.

Same here, Sevilla have terrifying pace in the side and they'll target anyone they perceive as slow. I've a bad feeling they'll run past Yaya if he plays.

Kolarov being fit is a boost. The main question is whether Pellegrini selects Kompany or keeps him out as punishment for disobeying club orders. We'll see - what Id pick, though it prob wont match Pelle's team. Don't pick a team with the derby in mind, as our best 2 players are already injured. Worry about the derby on Thursday as this is must win in CL terms

Hart

Sagna - hes currently better defensively than Zab and we must win this game
Kompany
Mangala - ideal partner for Kompany, and Otamendi's looked decidedly wonky
Kolarov

Fernando - was purchased for games like this in Europe, if he doesn't play here why buy him?
Fernandinho

Sterling
Ya Ya (if fit - if not, Navas comes in and KDB goes central)
De Bruyne

Lead Footed Wilf

Jesus Christ, some people. This is also the least realistic XI I've seen posted so far as well.

I agree,he should know how to beat hem as will Navas
I am wondering if Nasri is getting frozen out like jovetic and nastastic were.It has been confirmed nasri has done his hamstring(on here somewhere) but no mention today
As far as i know clichy has had a ankle injury,must have been serious but mp says next week he may be fit

edit,physio room and date of injury
Samir Nasri Injury Hamstring Injury 2015 October 17th
Gael Clichy Injury Ankle/Foot Injury 2015 July 28th
Nasri is not fit, it is not unusual to not mention him as he is one of at least 5 who are out.

I don’t think he is being frozen out but he is the one that is likely to have to make way for KDB. In terms of Position they both want to play the same way so Nasri will need to step up and play better than KDB or change his game and look to fit in somewhere else. I think we have involved into a quicker more direct team this year due to regular spots for Sterling and Navas and I think KDB likes to play that way. That comb behind a striker works really well and as a result the style has changed, it could well be Nasri is left behind unless he can adapt his game and find a place in it.

Wasn't one of the critics that we adapted our game to continental football rather than just play the same attacking high tempo game like in PL. An extra reason to just build on Saterday's tactics and performance. Sevilla is not a top European side this season. If you want to be in the best 8 of Europe you have to be able to destroy a team like Sevilla. Playing all 3 of the Fern brothers and Yaya is just too defensive and unbalanced. But hey, that just my opinion. I appreciate a good discussion on tactics.

Sevilla are still much better than Bournemouth. According to the OS we had 54% possession on Saturday. More than enough to see off Bournemouth but that would translate into about 45% against Sevilla if we play the same formation. We've seen many times that what works well in the PL often doesn't work in the CL.

I would swap De Bruyne and Sterling, play De Bruyne a tad deeper than Sterling played on Saturday. Just make it that bit more solid.

Scoring goals will be difficult if Yaya doesnt play...we cant score with the ferns in the middle...the problem is we dont have a replacement for Yaya at the moment

Conservative:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Sagna
Fernando
DeBruyne Toure Dinho Sterling
Bony

Less conservative:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Sagna
Fernandinho
Navas Toure DeBruyne Sterling
Bony

Otamendi would play for me as he has experience of playing against Sevilla

edit: Seems Kolarov is fit. Not sure I'd start him tbh. Sagna is a better defender

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.