City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

rnblade said:
We should not be pushing it til last few minutes to win a game against what should be relatively easy opponents.
There are a few players that need to have a look at their performance today.
Not good enough. Yet again, our 'keystone cops defence' was on full display.

not happy i take it

Only Kolarov was really terrible. I am sure his pass accuracy will be lower than 50%

I dont get the abuse sagna is getting. he made a wonderful pass for the navas cross - if it had been Yaya or Silva we would be creaming over it. he was also good defensively and made important challenges. As for him getting in Navas's way, Navas does the same with Zabba

Boyata had a good interception and a couple of important challenges. You cant have 4 CBs on Kompany's level.

Jovetic was slightly poor too, but Kolarov was dire

rnblade said:
We should not be pushing it til last few minutes to win a game against what should be relatively easy opponents.
There are a few players that need to have a look at their performance today.
Not good enough. Yet again, our 'keystone cops defence' was on full display.

Football would be a very boring game if the team who were expected to win always won 4-0. It was a really good cup tie, they made it hard for us and worked their socks off. We didnt play great but thats not the important thing at all.

We simply strolled through the first half. The passing was slow and ponderous allowing them to easily get in position to defend.

The second half the tempo picked up and you could see them being stretched, but with a lead they had something to hang on to.

For me Nava was our best player. Kept going all game and made an important block in the second half when they broke away.

The weakness in defence we Sagna & Kolarov. Everytime the ball was hit with any pace towards Sagna it bounced off him. Whilst Kolarov is a better player when he pushes forward which he rarely did.

Up front nothing gelled in the first half. Jovetic tried hard, but needs to cut out the little flicks and just play simple one - two's. Lampard struggled and so did Milner when he was on the left.

Played much better with Silva and Nasri on second half and Jimmy going up front.

Kolarov was very poor, trying little flicks etc. Jovetic was appalling and the two together could hardly string passes between themselves; I think they dragged the rest of the guys down with them. Then after the subs you could clearly see the other guys pick up, even the passing between themselves improved plus the addition of class players made all the difference.

Oliver the Rag should be investigated for his recent performances, nobody can be that one sided all the time, he isn't crap he has another agenda.

bluechampion7891 said:
Only Kolarov was really terrible. I am sure his pass accuracy will be lower than 50%

I dont get the abuse sagna is getting. he made a wonderful pass for the navas cross - if it had been Yaya or Silva we would be creaming over it. he was also good defensively and made important challenges. As for him getting in Navas's way, Navas does the same with Zabba

Boyata had a good interception and a couple of important challenges. You cant have 4 CBs on Kompany's level.

Jovetic was slightly poor too, but Kolarov was dire

The problem was that the ball kept bouncing off Sagna, particularly the first half and he got caught out of position a few times.

I though Boyata and Mangala played well enough.

Agree regarding Kolarov

Jovetic tried but nothing came off for him. Just needs to try one or two less flicks and keep it simpler.

blue ranger said:
I think we learned nothing today that we don't already know; Sagna, Kolarov, Boyata and Jovetic not good enough.

If Silva and Nasri hadn't come on today we wouldn't have won that game. Think it's really poor that Milner looked a better striker than Jovetic. I genuinely think we need to sign another striker.

This is a ridiculous post! Jovetic certainly is good enough he just can't play up top on his own as its not his position. Boyata put in a good performance as well.

Kolarov was brilliant before his injury so clearly he is good enough as for Sagna he is never going to look good filling in for Zabman

Well without Silva and Nasri we were not a team.No connection no plan.The distance between the players was long.Everyone was trying to do his thing,his inspiration but nothing was going right.Too many wrong passes. They hardly manage to control the ball so to make a chance was looking as a mountain to climb.Eveyone was looking to be in his worst day.The most amazing is that the 2 goals- Milner until the playmakers come in was out of the game, he touched the ball only a few times.
After this i understand why Pellegrini used Silva against Newcastle for the CA cup

Was there a bigger attendance than the PL games ? Why is that ? Cheaper tickets ?

Just got back my two penneth

Ref was f#####g shocking. That's all I'm going to say about him

Navas worked his tripe off

Well done boyata, I thought he played well

Fernando has probably never come up against a cf that big, he found himself in a shed load of battles and I thought he did OK against him

Biggest thing for me today. I thought we poor up until 60 minutes. And you know what happened then. We don't have shit players in this squad. They are all quality. And on paper today that team should be beating what was in front of it. But it doesn't work like that. Silva and nasri provide the links in and around the box, the passes come off with them on the pitch. Its the same with zabba and navas, dinho and yaya. The chemistry of the team is fucked over when you take out certain players. That is what you saw today. It is something we need to look at. Using the squad is good enough for the majority of games but without those sub's today I dont think we win that game. Jovetic is a top player and was the only one today with any forward movement but when he faced the goal there was never a pass on. He cannot play with his back to goal and is not an out and out striker. He needs a forward behind him. Playing in that system today made him look like a poor player, which he is not. If we rotate we need to do it better and not disrupt the balance of the team. You can't just put 11 quality players on the pitch and expect it to work, it doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.