City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

big crowd.
decent performance considering all the games.
chaps looked tired.
deserved win without doubt.
ref was a twat.
not sure what kolorov was on.

move on.

Atrocious first half, better second.

Through and that's all that really matters.

big crowd.
decent performance considering all the games.
chaps looked tired.
deserved win without doubt.
ref was a twat.
not sure what kolorov was on.

move on.

No mystery about that one at all. The team was collectively on holiday for the entire first half. We were fucking horrible. And I don't want to go on about old matches, but that reminded me horribly of cup against Wigan, until they went 2-0 up and it was too late. Still, job done. We don't want to be going to replays at this point in the season. Nasri is class, Silva is Silva. Anybody notice the massive work rate of Navas, once again? Ok, he's not the threat he should be in attack, but he's doing a huge amount of work defensively this season. A bit surprised that Lamps was so… nothing. Credit to the Owls. On to Goodison.

jollylescott said:
Thank goodness we avoided the replay. Nasri and Silva saved out skins. Jimmy doing a great job up front. I reckon he is better than Jovetic in that role.

Think he's more suited playing behind the striker, doesn't seem to be able to avoid dropping deeper which left us with nobody up top.

He looked a bright spark on the ball but needs to tone down the fancy flicks as he gives the ball away too often. I think with someone in front of him today he would have looked better.

welsh_andy said:
Nightmare Walking said:
We need a striker back asap but the team can be proud of the way we have come through without one. Navas looked a different player once Nasri and Silva came on. They make a good trip who compliment each other and must be a nightmare for the opposition.

I do not like criticising out players but for once I am going to. Sagna is absolutely woeful, he offers absolutely nothing and just gets in Navas way. How is Micah getting on in Italy? If Micah could just have stayed fit, he would have been a far better option than Sagna.

Tough game but we have ground out a result after a hectic xmas period. Onwards we march.

we have done pretty well without strikers of late tbh

We have mate. But there were times today when we needed someone to hold the ball with their back to the goal. The amount of times the ball was played in the box to no one got a bit much. We are coming up to a period with more difficult opponents so it would be nice to have either of them back.

The team have done really well though to compensate for not having one and we have just come through a really difficult and hectic period in a better position than when we went into it.

Don't think we can ever afford to play without both Silva and Nasri, our weight of passing in the final third is completely lost without having at least one of them on the pitch.

Job done in the end though, despite Olivers best efforts. Pretty disgusting performance from both fullbacks in particular though, we really need to replace both of them or just stop rotating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.