City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

Uptopbob said:
jollylescott said:
Thank goodness we avoided the replay. Nasri and Silva saved out skins. Jimmy doing a great job up front. I reckon he is better than Jovetic in that role.

Think he's more suited playing behind the striker, doesn't seem to be able to avoid dropping deeper which left us with nobody up top.

He looked a bright spark on the ball but needs to tone down the fancy flicks as he gives the ball away too often. I think with someone in front of him today he would have looked better.

I think your right, he just isnt suited to playing up front on his own. He is much better i think when we have Aguero or Dzeko up top and he plays deeper. Too often today he was 40 yards from goal doing flicks and losing it when really we needed him further up the pitch. When he plays so deep he gives their centre halfs little to worry about behind them, so its easier for them to press the ball.

A simplistic statement but why on earth does he not just play the strongest xi, win the game, make subs and then move on?.
I don't get all this rotation shit I really don't.

Phew! [again]

Bringing on Silva and Nasri on made all the difference. Miner was great up front and Navas had another good game.

pikku said:
Feel for SHW fans a bit, didn't deserve to loose,

They did deserve to lose as we scored more than them. We did well to beat 12 men. The ref was a disgrace to his profession.

Proper banana skin game which was going true to form.. but we never stopped giving it a go and got our rewards.

As some have mentioned about the match day thread I just laughed.. I stopped going on there about 2 years ago.
Full of wet nappies.

BLUEMATT23 said:
A simplistic statement but why on earth does he not just play the strongest xi, win the game, make subs and then move on?.
Because if you don't rotate, the first 11 get worn down and injured, the backup players become miserable at not getting any gametime, then they are too out of match practice and miserable to play well when you need to play them when your starting players break down from being overplayed?

BLUEMATT23 said:

Remember we started Silva in league cup and lost him for a few bit,this argument would have been valid had the lads had a decent break but theve had a busy schedule and deserve a break ,and secondly that's what you build squads for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.