City vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad zab said:
BigOscar said:
mad zab said:
Well I guess it's just the one player at a time from the EDS

I won't hold out any hope he will play as Ambrose didn't get on when we were three up against Palace with 10 minutes to go.

Just seems a token gesture by Pellegrini to include a youngster on the bench.
Any evidence to back this up, other than just general moaning? Do you know that only Celina is in the squad?

He is the only one from the EDS tweeting he is and Ambrose congratulated him so that tells me he isn't in it

I am moaning because I think we should be good enough to have 3 or 4 in the squad

Maybe even one playing. Especially as we are at home against a League One side

We seem to be the only team who are unwilling to play some youngesters in cup competitions. FFS Newcastle played a 17yo and 18yo against us in the League Cup and beat us at the Etihad

The one thing you will get with these kids is a bit of motivation.
So, in summary, you are just guessing that no one else is in it and are already criticising the manager for doing this? If we are unwilling to play youngsters in cup copetitions, how was Pozo able to score against Wednesday earlier in the year? This seems to be just an extended woman from the Newcastle game, where more than enough bitching was done at the time. If it turns out that he is the only one in the squad tommorow, then feel free to moan about it if you want, but moaning about something that hasn't happened yet seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Daz_Blue said:
What position does Celina Diona play ?

Nice voice but didn't know she played footy ? Does she track back and is she cup tied ?

johnnytapia said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Strongest side possible please and get the job done. Remember Wigan last season? This is a cup we have a realistic chance of winning.

All day, every day.

All this shite about giving EDS players a chance / isn’t it a shame Ambrose only got to watch the masters demolish Palace - Pellers knows what wins trophies - top players. If they’re good enough, they’ll play. If not, they won’t. I remember we all got giddy when Brightwell, Lake, Moulden et al broke through the ranks, won the Youth Cup and we all thought they’d lead us to the land of home-grown milk and honey. Well, the only milk I remember is the sour one I tasted when those individuals saw us win the square root of fuck all times ten.

Our best team. Every game.
Rubbish, no young players will get the chance with that attitude.

Hope Barker and a few other will at least be on the bench tomorrow.

BigOscar said:
mad zab said:
BigOscar said:
Any evidence to back this up, other than just general moaning? Do you know that only Celina is in the squad?

He is the only one from the EDS tweeting he is and Ambrose congratulated him so that tells me he isn't in it

I am moaning because I think we should be good enough to have 3 or 4 in the squad

Maybe even one playing. Especially as we are at home against a League One side

We seem to be the only team who are unwilling to play some youngesters in cup competitions. FFS Newcastle played a 17yo and 18yo against us in the League Cup and beat us at the Etihad

The one thing you will get with these kids is a bit of motivation.
So, in summary, you are just guessing that no one else is in it and are already criticising the manager for doing this? If we are unwilling to play youngsters in cup copetitions, how was Pozo able to score against Wednesday earlier in the year? This seems to be just an extended woman from the Newcastle game, where more than enough bitching was done at the time. If it turns out that he is the only one in the squad tommorow, then feel free to moan about it if you want, but moaning about something that hasn't happened yet seems pretty ridiculous to me.[/quote]

Well if your 3 up and still can't bring yourself to give a young guy 10 minutes on the park which would have made his day then when do you think is a good opportunity to play him?

If other EDS players were in the squad they would have also tweeted...they haven't so that is why I believe only Celina is. I am happy for the lad and do hope he gets some minutes.

For me though I think Pellegrini is more interested in winning games than promoting youth. That's his job so I am not going to say he is wrong. However, I can still be disappointed that we don't give youngsters chances in games like these.

Yes Pozo has played a few minutes......I can only think he is injured at the moment as I ahve not seen him mnetioned recently.

In the end it's all about opinions and I would be confident of playing several of them and winning tomorrow

mad zab said:
So, in summary, you are just guessing that no one else is in it and are already criticising the manager for doing this? If we are unwilling to play youngsters in cup copetitions, how was Pozo able to score against Wednesday earlier in the year? This seems to be just an extended woman from the Newcastle game, where more than enough bitching was done at the time. If it turns out that he is the only one in the squad tommorow, then feel free to moan about it if you want, but moaning about something that hasn't happened yet seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Well if your 3 up and still can't bring yourself to give a young guy 10 minutes on the park which would have made his day then when do you think is a good opportunity to play him?

If other EDS players were in the squad they would have also tweeted...they haven't so that is why I believe only Celina is. I am happy for the lad and do hope he gets some minutes.

For me though I think Pellegrini is more interested in winning games than promoting youth. That's his job so I am not goint to say he is wrong. However, I can still be disappointed that we don't give youngsters chances in games like these.

Yes Pozo has played a few minutes......I can only think he is injured at the moment as I ahve not seen him mnetioned recently.

In the end it's all about opinions and I would be confident of playing several of them and winning tomorrow
which would have made his day
, it isn't 'Jim'll fix it'.

I think Pellegrini is more interested in winning games than promoting youth
, sack him. How dare he want to win games.

If I could be arsed and went back through your history, how many times would you have posted the same whinge since Newcastle, over and over?

ColinLee said:
mad zab said:

For me though I think Pellegrini is more interested in winning games than promoting youth. That's his job so I am not goint to say he is wrong. However, I can still be disappointed that we don't give youngsters chances in games like these.

which would have made his day
, it isn't 'Jim'll fix it'.

I think Pellegrini is more interested in winning games than promoting youth
, sack him. How dare he want to win games.

If I could be arsed and went back through your history, how many times would you have posted the same whinge since Newcastle, over and over?

None!! Feel free to look smart arse!!

I am entitled to ask why he doesn't give youngsters a chance in these games.

Once again a quick reminder bring a scarf tomorrow. Sheff wed are bringing 5,400 the least we can do is whip out the scarves for 3 or 4 choruses of Blue Moon tomorrow. Let's create a visual response to the noisy away end. Will be changes to the team & they'll want to avenge the league cup game so remember it's all about getting through no matter what the score is. We will have a presence in 110 and 111.

https://www.facebook.com/1894groupm...ype=1&comment_id=322663101265619&notif_t=like

Please, get involved in this if you can !

I'd try and find a place on the bench for one of the kids but also have plenty of experience on there too. I'd start with

Willy

Sagna, Boyata, MDM, Kolarov
Milner, Yaya, Nando, Nasri
Lamps
Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.