City Vs Stoke Post match Discussion Thread

a very good performance from the boys today...shame for sergio i hope he wil be fine....aaaa and let's not forget God help Nzonzi, Razak almost killed him!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great performance by the boys today. Lescott, Clichy, Barry and Dzeko were the pick but not one player was less than 7/10.

Having said that, Stoke were awful and the day City start wasting time at 3-0 down will be the day I pack it all in. Stoke City are no longer a football club in my eyes.

On form alone, surely must have the best two full backs in league at present?

Their energy levels and desire are incredible. Barry was the pick for me, back his best recent games.

Good to see Mancini go again with Dzeko and Sergio.

Classy performance from the team. Really solid defending by the back four. We didn't give away chances in set pieces which most of the time is the only chance of them scoring.
Good work by Edin & Sergio, although Sergio should have taken his chances better. Pablo definitely was the MOTM today, gave everything and provided the width and opening goal for us.

I think that the 2nd goal killed off Stoke as they appeared more sluggish and did not appeal the referee's decision to award the penalty. The foul happened outside the area but of course of we won't mind: )

Kompany does look like he is having a good time. Venturing forward with the ball and that step-over was awesome: ))) Would like to see him in the central midfield position someetimes.

Happy New Year to Manchester City Football Club & City Fans. 2013 is SKY BLUE

nellyonthewing said:
The difference today was getting the ball up front quicker allowing players to inject some pace in attack. Once we start outnumbering opposition by getting forward we create good chances. Some great performances across the team today.

Think you forgot Dzeko's near-hit from a ball played by Yaya in our own half. Didn't miss by more than 6 inches over the crossbar.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:34 pm --<br /><br />
Bay Area Blue2 said:
nellyonthewing said:
The difference today was getting the ball up front quicker allowing players to inject some pace in attack. Once we start outnumbering opposition by getting forward we create good chances. Some great performances across the team today.

Think you forgot Dzeko's near-hit from a ball played by Yaya in our own half. Didn't miss by more than 6 inches over the crossbar.

Oops. Responded to the wrong post. Was replying to the one that said none of our shots from outside the area was close to the target.

Solid enough performance against a gritty side , and a game in which we bossed possession.

Stoke can have few complaints , they rarely troubled us ... the long range shot was a good one and Hart saved well , pushing it onto the post .... and a Stoke player put another chance over the City bar , when it appeared easier to score .... but otherwise they didn't really show much else.

Some good individual performances .... but Stoke will no doubt contest the possibility that Dzekos goal was possibly offside , and Silva was possibly just outside the area for the initial penalty challenge ... but you'd probably expect them to anyway , wouldn't you ??

And Aguero got lucky with a poor penalty .

Ducado said:
BlueMo' said:
I did get a little negative before we scored but
it was a fantastic performance. So good to see Clichy back.
Lescott and Komps solid, Zab being himself.
Joe Hart pulled off some save at the end having had fuck all to do.
Aguero was top class but should have buried the chances in the 1st half,
Hence my worry that we'd rue the missed chances.
Loved Edins T shirt too.
All in all a great day.Happy New Year

Why negative before we scored, we looked very good and it was only a matter of time, remember their defence is one of the best in the PL when they can park the bus better than most

I was afraid that despite our dominance we weren't taking our chances.
One misplaced pass and being caught on the break.
0-1 would have been a different story.
When Zab potted i was relieved and certain we'd go on to win the game.
For the 3pts i am grateful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.