City vs Sunderland post match discussion

To me i would play zab at left back if clichy or kolarov aren't doing it as Micah pace and power is just too good to be wasted on the bench or in centre, i love zab but the guy lacks the technical ability of an Argentinian at times and can't really leave players for dead even when in front of them sorry.

Please roberto never play lazy yaya in a midfield two thanks .

Tougher tests to come but I thought we were brilliant today, a pleasure to watch.

Next game, I'd like to see the same starting 11 with the exception of mario who I'd replace with aguero.

Its good to see that were not the only forum to go into hyperbole overdrive after a defeat

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=734706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=734706</a>

Just got in from the match. I thought today we played the best I've seen us play so far this season. Gareth Barry was immense, we look much more balanced with him back, he's an unsung hero of our team & our back 4 seemed to be under less pressure with him breaking up the play.

I thought all the players did well today but Milner was excellent. Great to see Micah back & Kolarov had a great game too. I think todays line up was something like our strongest team, only change I would have maybe made from the starting 11 is maybe Aguero to start over Mario but it's good to rotate the strikers.

We seemed more direct today & played with a bit more pace, which was good to see. Let's hope it continues.

Stoned Rose said:
without a dream said:
Balotelli gets slagged off just for being Balotelli now. Not a lot wrong with his performance today, he worked hard and got kicked and elbowed throughout the game. His finishing was a bit off but other than that I thought he had a decent game. There's plenty of opportunities to slag him off, today is not one imo.

It's great to see Silva back to his best, him and Milner (who was mostly brilliant) link really well together and Barry was terrific again. Also Zabba does a great job but I can't wait to see Micah bombing down that right side when Vinny's back.

There's plenty of opportunities to slag him off

Correct. But there shouldn't be and that is the problem.

He's 'interesting' and takes a great penalty but other than that lets be honest he's wank.

But today people shouldn't be, he wasn't below par at all. I don't agree at all that he's 'wank' he's hit an miss at the moment and definitely needs to be more consistent but he's definitely not wank and somewhere in him there's the potential to be a world class striker who offers something completely different to our other world class options. Will he reach his potential? No-one knows but Mancini seems to be prepared to give him the opportunity to.

Pam said:
de niro said:
i think its more they pay their money and they deserve to see the best 11 possible out on the pitch.

No, you think we deserve to see YOUR opinion of our best 11. This is not the same thing.

Funny how my 11 are champions, bobbys 11 are gash.

Proved today that my team is better. Although it was obvious before a ball was kicked.

Dax777
Post subject: Re: City versus Sunderland(pre match discussion)Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Its a shitty lineup. All the worst passers and movers off the ballin it together. The passing coefficient on this team is low. And I expect us to play more like Stoke than Barcelona.

Like Micah being back though. We need him healthy.

But with Milner, Micah, Kolarov, Lescott, and Balotell. We have some of ou least cultured on the ball players out on the park. ANd outside of Yaya (who was poor last time out) we really only have SIlva and Barry with that cultured touch. Even Tevez and Zab are both workhorses, and great at what they do, and not half bad with their movement and passes. But they sure are not in the top echeleon of finesse, by any stretch of the Imagination. I suspect substitutions as early as the 46 minute.

Arh fuk it. Just win the game. DOn't care how you do it :(

I had to laugh at these comments pre-match.

without a dream said:
Stoned Rose said:
without a dream said:
Balotelli gets slagged off just for being Balotelli now. Not a lot wrong with his performance today, he worked hard and got kicked and elbowed throughout the game. His finishing was a bit off but other than that I thought he had a decent game. There's plenty of opportunities to slag him off, today is not one imo.

It's great to see Silva back to his best, him and Milner (who was mostly brilliant) link really well together and Barry was terrific again. Also Zabba does a great job but I can't wait to see Micah bombing down that right side when Vinny's back.

There's plenty of opportunities to slag him off

Correct. But there shouldn't be and that is the problem.

He's 'interesting' and takes a great penalty but other than that lets be honest he's wank.

But today people shouldn't be, he wasn't below par at all. I don't agree at all that he's 'wank' he's hit an miss at the moment and definitely needs to be more consistent but he's definitely not wank and somewhere in him there's the potential to be a world class striker who offers something completely different to our other world class options. Will he reach his potential? No-one knows but Mancini seems to be prepared to give him the opportunity to.

But that's where the opinions differ so much.I thought he was shocking today,lazy and disinterested. Many others thought the same but you think he wasn't below par at all.

It would seem that Mancini thought he was well below par and that's why he took him off so early in the 2nd half. To take him off so early is a big statement for Mancini to make but it had to be done.

paulchapo said:
We looked much more solid today and i thought Mica was a revelation at centre back where he has sometimes struggled.

The whole team performed well apart from Mario,sorry but it has to be said.He just doesn't fit properly into this team and slows everything down.When Tevez was paired with Aguero we started flowing instead of stuttering,although we were always on top.

I was suprised how poor Sunderland were given their reasonable start to the season and Johnson showed just why he never played more for us,totally anonymous.

Millner and Barry were immense,you need the grafters doing the dirty work and allowing Silva and Ya Ya to work their magic.Too many ball players and we are overrun in midfield,it isn't rocket science.

More of the same please!

Totally agree with all of this.

Milner has been covered elsewhere in this thread

Thought Barry was imense, especially the first half. He was always available to take the pass from out of the defence, made the angles by running along the back line, this was one of the main reasons the defence wasn't under any self inflicted pressure today. IMO this is one of the things bobby mac meant when he stated he knew what the problem was and that he would fix it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.