City Vs Sunderland Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6one said:
Nasri back training, will prob make the bench for Wednesday. Defo back for Barca.

Aguero looks likely to be back for barca, fernandinho looks unlikely to

I saw the OS pictures and it is looking good for Nasri, we know Fernandinho said around fifteen days so we will see if he is fit for Barca (which I really hope he is), but with Sergio it's hard to tell with Manuel sounding pretty adamant in his press conference on Friday he will miss Barca, we will see.

Imagine if we have all three of them fit and ready to go against Barca.

Santiago Street . said:
Rest Yaya, Zaba,

Play Lescott
I think there's a good chance Yaya will be rested given the games ahead. It wasn't long ago that Pellegrini was talking about resting him because of a back problem, and he he played very deep against Norwich. Made me wonder whether he was 100%, and Pellegrini mentioned afterwards that some players were not 100%. That was thought to refer to Dzeko and Negredo.

Good to see Nasri back training

I wonder if he will be named on the bench. Possible

Marvin said:
Santiago Street . said:
Rest Yaya, Zaba,

Play Lescott
I think there's a good chance Yaya will be rested given the games ahead. It wasn't long ago that Pellegrini was talking about resting him because of a back problem, and he he played very deep against Norwich. Made me wonder whether he was 100%, and Pellegrini mentioned afterwards that some players were not 100%. That was thought to refer to Dzeko and Negredo, but perhaps Yaya is struggling too?

In an ideal situation the likes of Yaya, Silva and Navas should be played from the start but taken off at around 60 mins with the game hopefully won.

I don't think we can afford to rest Yaya when Fernandinho is out as well, not in the PL games anyway.

Strikers for me should play all 90 mins, they need to be playing consistently to gain momentum, something that Negredo and Dzeko look to have lost.

Expect 1,000 Sunderland max Weds, and possibly less. Not taken up tickets in the top tier, and not sold many in the lower tier either

Must be too busy buying up Club Wembley and FA Cup tickets. Expensive time

Marvin said:
Expect 1,000 Sunderland max Weds, and possibly less. Not taken up tickets in the top tier, and not sold many in the lower tier either

Must be too busy buying up Club Wembley and FA Cup tickets. Expensive time

I just hope that we sell out. It's the night before the Planning Meeting!
Looking at the planner I think that we will.

sam-caddick said:
Marvin said:
Santiago Street . said:
Rest Yaya, Zaba,

Play Lescott
I think there's a good chance Yaya will be rested given the games ahead. It wasn't long ago that Pellegrini was talking about resting him because of a back problem, and he he played very deep against Norwich. Made me wonder whether he was 100%, and Pellegrini mentioned afterwards that some players were not 100%. That was thought to refer to Dzeko and Negredo, but perhaps Yaya is struggling too?

In an ideal situation the likes of Yaya, Silva and Navas should be played from the start but taken off at around 60 mins with the game hopefully won.

I don't think we can afford to rest Yaya when Fernandinho is out as well, not in the PL games anyway.

Strikers for me should play all 90 mins, they need to be playing consistently to gain momentum, something that Negredo and Dzeko look to have lost.
I thought Yaya was over his back strain as nothing direct has been said recently, but the Guardian's 10 Premiership talking points included this snippet

but that the Chilean asks the likes of Alvaro Negredo and Yaya Touré to start while carrying knocks appears to demonstrate a lack of faith in his squad's depth

We should be using Rodwell if required. If he gets regular football, he can play at a high level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.