City Vs Sunderland Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
paphos-mcfc said:
BringBackSwales said:
Blue_Rossy said:
After being 3-1 down i think. ballo with a bender, then a kola rocket few mins later.
But I'm still nervous.

Ballo?
Got me as well?. 2-0 to us.

He's on about when we come back from 3-1 in title winning season, can't remember last years result but I know we won.

Central midfield of Yaya and Milner for me tmw.

If we team Yaya with either Garcia or rodwell it 'll be a disaster waiting to happen.

Looking forward to seeing silva and jovetic start to gel.

Brendan110_0 said:
rnblade said:
I'd like to see Rodwell for this game, he might do enough to keep our midfield tight and allow Yaya not to drop too deep.
We must score early and then hopefully 'the swagger' to our game will return.

If you saw the first half against Watford then you wouldn't be recommending Yaya/Rodders pairing in midfield.

strange fucking place this. After 1 game at the end of last season (Norwich at home) people were raving about Jack Rodwell and many were getting too giddy; now he comes back after a long injury lay off and has a poor 45 minutes and suddenly he is being written off; the emotions of this place are worse than a middle aged women's social club (so I am told)

feelymcfeel said:
Id be tempted to play Garcia or rodwell of either is fit, as one thing i thought against Norwich was that yaya was playing much too deep, meaning we lacked a sense of impetus going forward, there didn't seem to be any drive

Entirely agree with this. If Yaya is not released to play further upfield, it halves his effectiveness, and makes those surging runs he makes out of the question. People have written off Rodwell too quickly: if he's fit, and he's drawing a wage, he should be played. He can hardly prove himself if he never gets a chance to play. He was good against Norwich at the end of last season, since then he's scarcely played. HIs performances, what there's been of them, haven't been too good this season, but you don't come back cold from months out and play a blinder. Anyway, there's so much injury around, now's the time or never. I had understood that Garcia isn't fit, by the way. I'd also like to see James in midfield for this one. He was one of the busier players on the pitch against Norwich.

Every game we have a choice between Yaya, Garcia and Rodwell and we always play safe, but the result is that we now have a squad player who is off the pace. You have to give your players games, otherwise they rot. This is Pellegrini's No. 1 problem. He keeps playing the top players week after week which means they get injured, and the other squad players aren't ready to give their best when called upon.

BringBackSwales said:
Brendan110_0 said:
rnblade said:
I'd like to see Rodwell for this game, he might do enough to keep our midfield tight and allow Yaya not to drop too deep.
We must score early and then hopefully 'the swagger' to our game will return.

If you saw the first half against Watford then you wouldn't be recommending Yaya/Rodders pairing in midfield.

strange fucking place this. After 1 game at the end of last season (Norwich at home) people were raving about Jack Rodwell and many were getting too giddy; now he comes back after a long injury lay off and has a poor 45 minutes and suddenly he is being written off; the emotions of this place are worse than a middle aged women's social club (so I am told)

With you there I think Rodwell will come good if he can over the injury probems - to me he's a player who has all the attributes to go a long way ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.