City Vs Sunderland Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tourist since 1971 said:
Mcfchamps said:
Ducado said:
He's killing it at Sunderland.

You're right, he looks a good player. We could use him to strengthen squad and perhaps use him to come on for the last 20 minutes. He is excellent at cutting in from the right and producing goals out of nothing. Just as long as he puts in a shift and helps out the full back behind him - does he do that at Sunderland? Because if he does he could be just the sort of player we need.
Hes had 5 good games in one and half years since hes been at Sunderland. No where near good enough for us.

Bluep*ss said:
Luck95 said:
Hope to see Jovetic start getting more impressed with him every game. Not gonna lie am quite worried about this game but just hope we get the 3 points don't care how
I agree Luck95........I can see this being a low scoring game and how City play it is any ones guess. Will Pellers be thinking of Chelsea on Saturday ??. A scrappy 1-0 will do me with no injuries.
We were off key at Norwich - 2 many players were lacklustre. We seem to have a problem at LB(Clichy beaten too easily), and left side of centre backs(Nasti off form and Demi a bit rash) and midfield(Fern out injured) and a striker (Negredo) still carrying his shoulder. How would you set up the team to play Sunderland??.

agree with you 'bluep*ss' - just hope we turn up and get some goals going again. not sure what my team would be but would certainly start jovetic all day long

It looks like Nasti is injured so I would go for

Hart
Zaba, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov
Yaya, Milner
Navas, Silva, Jovetic
Negredo

Subs: Panti, MDM, Lopes, Rodwell, Dzeko, Clichy & Boyata.

hart

zabba-kompany-demichelis-kolarov

yaya-garcia

navas-silva

negredo-jovetic

i can see a 3-0 win!!!!!

Id be tempted to play Garcia or rodwell of either is fit, as one thing i thought against Norwich was that yaya was playing much too deep, meaning we lacked a sense of impetus going forward, there didn't seem to be any drive

I'd like to see Rodwell for this game, he might do enough to keep our midfield tight and allow Yaya not to drop too deep.
We must score early and then hopefully 'the swagger' to our game will return.

Sunderland don't really worry me much got a nagging feeling Adam Johnson is gonna bite our arse tho unless we get our act together at the back he's on fire right now which is a bit of a worry, we should win comfortably really but we said that Saturday so i take nothing as a foregone conclusion.

rnblade said:
I'd like to see Rodwell for this game, he might do enough to keep our midfield tight and allow Yaya not to drop too deep.
We must score early and then hopefully 'the swagger' to our game will return.

If you saw the first half against Watford then you wouldn't be recommending Yaya/Rodders pairing in midfield.

mancity dan said:
It looks like Nasti is injured so I would go for

Hart
Zaba, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov
Yaya, Milner
Navas, Silva, Jovetic
Negredo

Subs: Panti, MDM, Lopes, Rodwell, Dzeko, Clichy & Boyata.

I'd go with this team too although I'd consider Rodwell at holding mid over Milner. Don't know why but think Rodwell could do a good job in that position as he is fairly quick over the ground and a decent tackler.

PS- other than the odd cameo I know we've seen nothing from Rodwell. But he certainly showed enough at Everton to suggest their is a decent player in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.